ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay

How does eBay figure out the seller fees? I sold some tail lights for under 70 bucks and my seller fees are 8.00! I haven't sold anything in a while, and was just wondering if this sounds about right?? TIA

Some of it is figured on your listing. Pictures, reserve price, buy it now are all options that cost something. Then I think they take %3 of the total sale price. Then Paypal takes another %3.

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
      Some of it is figured on your listing. Pictures, reserve price, buy it now are all options that cost something. Then I think they take %3 of the total sale price. Then Paypal takes another %3.
      3% my ass.....
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Here are fees for non-auto related stuff.

We charge two main types of selling fees: an insertion fee when you create a listing, and a final value fee when your item sells.

ebay motors:
        The fees for selling a vehicle on eBay Motors are different from the fees for selling items in other categories. The amount you pay depends on the listing package you choose – Basic, Premium, or Plus. Each listing package offers different levels of bundled features for a set fee.

For MOST items it is 9% up to $50 for an auction style listing.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          Here are fees for non-auto related stuff.

We charge two main types of selling fees: an insertion fee when you create a listing, and a final value fee when your item sells.

ebay motors:
          The fees for selling a vehicle on eBay Motors are different from the fees for selling items in other categories. The amount you pay depends on the listing package you choose – Basic, Premium, or Plus. Each listing package offers different levels of bundled features for a set fee.

For MOST items it is 9% up to $50 for an auction style listing.
          Damn, that shit is weak. I had no idea! Thanks for the info. I knew my listing fees were under 2 bucks and PayPal already took their share. Craigslist it is!

Comment

It's a total ripoff and one hell of a monopoly. Paypal fees are 4% last I checked. The last few things I have sold on e-bay I have had to pay about 12% in fees to ebay... so... 16% of the money I received went to e-bay (since e-bay owns paypal). I need to create a new alternative to e-bay with lower fees... only to be bought out by e-bay once it takes off! LOL

Comment

Ebay is a double edge sword. They have stupid high fees but I still seem to get the most buyers and money from that place. I have tried to get myself off of it several times but I keep going back because I make more money and sell more stuff there even after paying the rape fees.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
              54 Olds 88 2dr HT
              12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
                Ebay is a double edge sword. They have stupid high fees but I still seem to get the most buyers and money from that place. I have tried to get myself off of it several times but I keep going back because I make more money and sell more stuff there even after paying the rape fees.
                I have bought a few things off of www.ioffer.com its kinda like ebay but for cheaper stuff.

Comment

Reason why I haven't sold anything on ebay in 5 years. I still buy things, but their seller fees are crazy high!

Comment

seller fees are better than all the calls/ texts/ and no shows you get from craigslist.

I only use craigslist for items that are too big to ship. I can promise that you will get a much higher selling price to cover the selling fees on ebay compared to craigslist.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Can't you just add the fees onto the total sale price? I buy a lot of parts for my Grand Prix from a vendor who only uses Paypal and I pay the 3% paypal fee to him.

Seems like you could just relay that to the buyer somehow through email that they're responsible to cover the fees also.

<---Never sold anything on ebay so I don't know if that's acceptable or not
                      --Marcus

Comment

only thing I sell on ebay is vehicles... they dropped their sales fee BIG TIME a while back when CL started kicking

selling anything other than a vehicle sucks... I can sell on CL for 15% less and be almost equal on my net.

I buy a ton of shit on ebay though
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                        X