X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
    I could have cared less.

Double negatives. They're tricky.

Watched about 5 minutes, then watched DIY network so that I could hate where I live a little more.

Comment

I got too busy to watch, but I heard the Steeler's lost which tells me the game was rigged anyway. Its on my DVR I may check out the commercials.
      WRX

Comment

watched it and enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Millions upon millions of people do. How is this any less of an interest or hobby than Corvettes and guns?
          Well, I actively participate in the hobbies I enjoy and have a direct effect on the outcome of my firearms competitions.

Those who watch sports games have no effect whatsoever on the outcome of the event, yet are still infatuated with the whole shabang. I don't get it. Why should I give a fuck about the accomplishments of men who's career involves throwing a giant brown egg down a marked field.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Well, I actively participate in the hobbies I enjoy and have a direct effect on the outcome of my firearms competitions.

Those who watch sports games have no effect whatsoever on the outcome of the event, yet are still infatuated with the whole shabang. I don't get it. Why should I give a fuck about the accomplishments of men who's career involves throwing a giant brown egg down a marked field.
            So there is nothing you enjoy watching that you are not participating in nor will make you better at doing it yourself?

No sitcoms or reality shows, nothing?

It's entertainment, that is all. I don't understand how envolved some people get either, but if that's what they enjoy, good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
              I could have cared less.
              x2

Comment

I never said you should, I'm just simply pointing out the hypocrisy. Sports are a hobby, just as guns and cars are. Just because you don't "get it" doesn't make it any less valid. Obviously, you're in the minority. Just look at the TV ratings for proof.

I enjoy most sports, with the exception of golf, tennis, and a few other boring ones. But I also used to play sports. Soccer, football, basketball, track, ran cross country, etc. I bet on games, I play in some decent pot FFL leagues, etc. I get so tied up with life, kids, work, and everything else going on, but I can count on seeing my good friends nearly every Sunday during football season for good football, good food, and good times.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

This thread is a good example of something I always thought. If it wasn't for this site, many, and I mean many, of the people on here would never have spoken to certain folks in a normal setting for this type of reason. I don't think I would have ever held a conversation with DOHTC in public or spoken to anyone who knew anything about real estate, or stocks, or a lawyer. But that is one of the unique things about this site.

Comment

I never said you should, I'm just simply pointing out the hypocrisy. Sports are a hobby, just as guns and cars are. Just because you don't "get it" doesn't make it any less valid. Obviously, you're in the minority. Just look at the TV ratings for proof.

I enjoy most sports, with the exception of golf, tennis, and a few other boring ones. But I also used to play sports. Soccer, football, basketball, track, ran cross country, etc. I bet on games, I play in some decent pot FFL leagues, etc. I get so tied up with life, kids, work, and everything else going on, but I can count on seeing my good friends nearly every Sunday during football season for good football, good food, and good times.
                    I understand that playing sports is a hobby, hell, 99% of the boards has at one time or another taken part in organized sports... but I do not understand how watching them on TV is a hobby.

I suppose betting on the outcome of sporting events makes sense since one may financially benefit.

Comment

I understand that playing sports is a hobby, hell, 99% of the boards has at one time or another taken part in organized sports... but I do not understand how watching them on TV is a hobby.

I suppose betting on the outcome of sporting events makes sense since one may financially benefit.
                      Like Craig said, do you watch tv? Movies? Go to concerts? It's all a form of entertainment. Gives people things to talk about, bond over, whatever. Sports are HUGE in the business world. Just wait til you get out of College. Being in TX, guns, hunting, etc could all serve the same purpose. But if you were a business man in say, NY, and you knew nothing about sports, you wouldn't have a whole lot to relate to ppl about, bond over, talk about, etc. Sports are a HUGE ice breaker.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Nope, didnt watch it.

Who gives a fuck about freaks of nature playing a schoolyard game?
                        Sounds like someone was hazed by jocks in school.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Like Craig said, do you watch tv? Movies? Go to concerts? It's all a form of entertainment. Gives people things to talk about, bond over, whatever. Sports are HUGE in the business world. Just wait til you get out of College. Being in TX, guns, hunting, etc could all serve the same purpose. But if you were a business man in say, NY, and you knew nothing about sports, you wouldn't have a whole lot to relate to ppl about, bond over, talk about, etc. Sports are a HUGE ice breaker.
                          Yes, yes, no. I do not consider either watching TV/movies as a hobby, but they are different than sports. Stories are entertaining to me, but watching a bunch of dudes run with a ball in hand is just damn boring.

And I understand that many people are entertained by this, but I simply do not understand why. However I digress, there are many things that I do not understand, but luckily I am young and have a long time to try and figure a few of them out. I doubt however that I will ever enjoy watching sports, as neither I nor my father give a damn about them. I remember as a kid when my mom and her sister were watching whatever game (they are huge football fans) my dad and I would be out in the garage wrenching on a car or fixing something.

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          Sounds like someone was hazed by jocks in school.

Stevo
                          I played sports in highschool. Never said I dont enjoy playing sports, just dont enjoy sitting around and watching them.

Hell my parents had a sky box at the old Cowboys stadium and I went to a few games. I had fun there mainly because I got drunk off my ass and ate a bunch of food every time.
                          Last edited by Moose242; 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

watched it at work, had to cancel a big super bowl party I had planned with lots of food and beer , it was a great game tough
                            Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

For me it was a good reason to enjoy my 3 favorite 'B' words - beer, bourbon, and BBQ.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                Double negatives. They're tricky.

Watched about 5 minutes, then watched DIY network so that I could hate where I live a little more.
                                That's no shit about house stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X