wheel spacers? ever ran them??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel spacers? ever ran them??

considering running a set of (4) 1 inch wheel spacers all the way around vs. buying new wheels.... talk me into or out of please.....

These are 1.00" Thick, 6x135mm Bolt Pattern, 87.1mm Hub Diameter and 87.1mm Wheel Centering Lip. These are HUB and WHEEL Centric to Insure a Perfect Fit and Ride! Your Truck will be set up just like it Came from the Factory! 14mm2.0 Wheel Studs and Lugnuts to Attach. American Made! Lifetime Warranty! Anodized Black!

thanks gents.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

buy some open faced lugs and you'll be aiight.

Comment

the only problem with 1" spacers is that you may have to grind down the tips of your wheel studs to clear the wheel flange
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I use a MM .750" on my rears. Use a longer stud (arp extended) and the right open lugs for your wheels. You'll be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I ran some (the bolt on kind, not the bullshit flat spacer) on the rear of my Model A to clear some big tires after widening the wire wheels. Never had an issue.

Comment

Btw - Paul, I went to Star Tire the other day on a friend's recommendation - those guys are top notch.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I had them on a slightly modified VW bug when I was a kid. One of the funniest things I ever saw was my friend was sitting on his moped just ahead of my car on the left. I floored it and dropped the clutch, snap, wheel goes zooming off towards him. He was like one of those sheep, he just locked up and fell straight over on his moped. Good times. It was a adapter/spacer so I could run MT drag radials on the back. Never again did I run anything like that.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I ran 2.25" billet spacer/adapters on a small block s-10 that I had years ago so I could fit vette wheels on it. This style of spacer has been around forever and seems to be really solid.

Comment

I ran 1" spacers on my Suburban for a little while, but had some rubbing issues with the front passenger side (when making a sharp right turn the tire rubbed on the inner fender / splash guard thing). If not for that I would have left them on.

Comment

Do it right and there are no probes. Got some on my wife's Mercedes.

Comment

awesome. you gents are easing my mind. looks like a quality piece, Loctite and a torque wrench theres not much to worry about.

OCD kicking in... will I get hassled at discount tire when I go in for rotations?

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I ran 1" ones on my S10 Blazer with no issues, I never heard anything at the tire shops either. Just don't do like the stance guys and stack spacers, that's just asking for trouble.

Also, I have 1.25" spacers on the 66 to fit my 18's but I had to machine the hub centric portion off because they didn't slip over the fat Granada hubs. That may be a non-issue for you though.
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          awesome. you gents are easing my mind. looks like a quality piece, Loctite and a torque wrench theres not much to worry about.

OCD kicking in... will I get hassled at discount tire when I go in for rotations?

god bless.
                          Don't Loctite that shit, you'll never get it off again.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I run 1" spacers on the front of my Fairlane. They've been on there for over 4 years and I haven't had any issues.
                            68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                            63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                            i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              Don't Loctite that shit, you'll never get it off again.
                              I figured id just hit it with a torch to get them off. so its not needed?

god bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X