Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The plane crash (involving the soccer team)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plane crash (involving the soccer team)

Was just reading a little about one of the players that survived the crash. The article stated that the plane was scheduled to stop and refuel on route to its destination. However the pilot chose not to stop and the plane ran out of fuel.

So is this going to turn out to be one of those deals where the pilot was on a suicide mission?

I think it was more a case of gambling where they shouldnt have, and a cheap airline too poor to really be operating safely.

Comment

the aircraft was forced to circle because another aircraft was in the que to land first because it earlier reported a fuel leak, and i think the pilot was too prideful to request an emergency until the end when the turbines stopped spinning and he lost electrical power.

Comment

Pilot waited too long to take action as the situation deteriorated... he should have declared an emergency and given been priority status for landing.

Very sad.

mardyn

Comment

One thing I cannot stand is people who fail to do their job. Especially jobs that can cost an innocent life. RIP

Comment

pilot error

Comment

This is why you refuse to fly on a plane if the pilot is not a white American male, hopefully with a little grey in his hair.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Would there have been a co-pilot on the plane that could have pressed the issue to declare an emergency? Jezzus if that is what happened what a shitty why to die.

Comment

The airline had only 3 aircraft, and this was the only one operational at the time. I have a feeling the pilot was either a co-owner or browbeaten into saving money. Taking off with less fuel = less weight. Less weight means you dont need as much thrust to take off, which means you burn less fuel. Less fuel = less cost.

Another plane had already declared a prior fuel leak and was given priority landing, but didnt seem to be in the same fuel status as this aircraft. Pilot never pushed the issue.

Comment

I blame Spirit Airlines somehow

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      This is why you refuse to fly on a plane if the pilot is not a white American male, hopefully with a little grey in his hair.
                      That worked out well for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Comment

this is why you refuse to fly on a plane if the pilot is not a white american male, hopefully with a little grey in his hair.
                        lmao!

Comment

How do you find that out when you book a ticket?
                          The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
                            How do you find that out when you book a ticket?
                            He's personal friends with all the pilots.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              He's personal friends with all the pilots.
                              And owns the airlines
                              Originally posted by soap
                              i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X