This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    It may not be as contagious as we thought. My home town was Springtown and the JOP got corona and it's been about 2 weeks. He is doing better and his wife that has been taking care of him has not showed 1 sign or symptom. she just got her test back and it was negative.
    While that is great news and I am happy for them both..given the explosive spread and body count in multiple cities on both coasts I would hardly predict that based on one case. I hope you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      While that is great news and I am happy for them both..given the explosive spread and body count in multiple cities on both coasts I would hardly predict that based on one case. I hope you're right.
      There are reports that there maybe multiple strains of this covid-19. Who knows what the hell is going on. There is so much fake news out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        So... who thinks the CDC is going to grow much larger, and much more powerful after all this? Government always uses any excuse to get bigger.
        In today's dollars the Manhattan Project cost 24 billion. Going to the Moon cost 150 billion in today's dollars. Both of those things combined barely exceed the cdc's budget for 2 years. The CDC is full of self-important people running around doing self important things that benefit no one but themselves. It's budget needs to be cut down massively, Personnel whittled away, and they need to stick to their actual core function. We all know that will never happen.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          There are reports that there maybe multiple strains of this covid-19. Who knows what the hell is going on. There is so much fake news out there.
          I read there are 4 known strains, but it was MSM, so who knows if they just pulled a number out of their ass like they do for polls.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• They did. They'll say anything, do anything.
            WH

Comment

• Dallas just extended the 'stay at home' order to May 20.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins says Friday afternoon his Safer-at-Home order is in effect until April 30 -- this after the commissioner's court approved an extension of the county's disaster declaration until May 20 earlier in the day.

Comment

• I have some nurse friends that have been sent to NYC from this area. I sure as shit hope Texas keeps its ridiculously low death rate

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Dallas just extended the 'stay at home' order to May 20.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavi...ay-20/2344965/
                  Ffffuck!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I have some nurse friends that have been sent to NYC from this area. I sure as shit hope Texas keeps its ridiculously low death rate
                    IMO it depends how seriously people take this stay in place stay safe requirements. If people follow the rules then we can at least in this state and area keep it contained. The death rate is all over the place, young people are dying, old people are dying, some people are showing no signs and symptoms and some are sick for days. Until we get a medicine like Tamaflu for the flu or a vaccine this will be around for awhile.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

We're on stay at home until June 10, the day after the repub primary.

Comment

• I guess the bright side is they could always lift it early.

Comment

You know, at some point folks are going to say, Fuck It and give government order the finger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            You know, at some point folks are going to say, Fuck It and give government order the finger.
                            I was talking with friends about this to some extent. If we dont have quite a few deaths people will never trust this shit again...at least not for a generation. The exact number I dont know...but if only 50K people die then it literally will only be seen as lethal as the flu. Obviously social distancing measures worked...but not many people will give them much credit. We created 10 million unemployed people on 2weeks for this...trillions of dollars in losses...and generational economic damages.

People will quickly lose faith in the "science" if there isnt a real health hit and start ignoring orders.

Comment

• Sweden also has the ability to make the rest of the world look like fools

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                I was talking with friends about this to some extent. If we dont have quite a few deaths people will never trust this shit again...at least not for a generation. The exact number I dont know...but if only 50K people die then it literally will only be seen as lethal as the flu. Obviously social distancing measures worked...but not many people will give them much credit. We created 10 million unemployed people on 2weeks for this...trillions of dollars in losses...and generational economic damages.

People will quickly lose faith in the "science" if there isnt a real health hit and start ignoring orders.
                                Oh I suspect the opposite could happen too. Imagine all the idiots wanting to give even more power to the gov’t for saving all those lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X