Exhaust v2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust v2.0

After trying to tuck a 4.0" sewer pipe all the way to the axle, I think I want to try a single 3.5" into two 3.0" and then try for over the axle to tailpipes.

Here is what the exhaust looks like now.

The 45* coming off the DP in the bottom of the last picture has taken some abuse from speed bumps and I am afraid of that energy transferring up the DP and to the rest of the turbo system [cracked pipes].

So the plan is to go with a smaller pipe and tuck it up more.

I am also kicking the idea of aluminum instead of aluminized steel from the DP back. I have TONS of bends and straights from the cold side build....tons. Maybe even aluminum mufflers. The only issue with aluminum is heat cycles and thin wall soft material over a long term usage. The upside...the car doesn't see much in the way of mileage and aluminum would be pretty easy to repair.

Here is what it sounds and looks like now.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Here is about the only aluminum muffler that I have found.
    Vibrant Performance is the Source for Professional Fabrication Components with a vast offering of exhaust, fluid delivery, tubing, and silicone parts for custom or modified forced induction applications.

Comment

Sweet dude! If you want to get rid of the old one, let me know. It looks to be almost perfect for my project.
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
        Sweet dude! If you want to get rid of the old one, let me know. It looks to be almost perfect for my project.
        Talk to me. I have what you see AND another Dynatech Splitflow 4" muffler new in the box. The one that is on the car has about 1,000 miles on it.

I even have a lot more 4.00" ID mandrel bends and straights too.

I will be home in 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Talk to me. I have what you see AND another Dynatech Splitflow 4" muffler new in the box. The one that is on the car has about 1,000 miles on it.

If he doesn't take them I will, that's exactly what I'm looking for to put on my ecoboost.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

Perfect, I'll pm you, but if I forget (happens a lot lately) please shoot me a pm and we can work something out.

thanks dude!
            Ded

Comment

You could also look into oval piping. Would help gain clearance and still flow what you need

Comment

There is a thread on the turbo forums by a garrett engineer on exhaust piping/material/size/path showing how oval piping is not as effective in turbocharged applications. I'll try to find it
                Ded

Comment

^interesting

Comment

Comment

4" pipe fits just fine between the strut tower and valve covers. Tested it and it also goes back between the header and the firewall just fine also. With V-bands it should be a lot easier to work on.. I am moving the coils to the frame rail near the K-member bolts so they will go under the headers instead of over.

And I think I have plenty of bends in 3" aluminum but I may need a few more straight pieces.

Just need my V-bands to show up and I think I am ready to start cutting.

Comment

It will be light!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          It will be light!
                          Lighter and easier for me to lay on my back and fabricate to the contour of the body a little better and HOPEFULLY over the axle and Panhard mount, clear the 315 tires and the huge fuel tank and out the back.

I need to get the DP tacked together and figure the Y from 4" to dual 3" and then start work.

I saw that setup you were selling on FB. Looked like a lot of cuts but looked tucked perfect to the body. That is what I am going for too.

Comment

Working...
                          X