Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Pans!

With nicer weather comes progress!

I had cut my drivers side pan out before winter so I have really been anxious to get it back together.
    Today I was able to clean up the plasma cuts on the car side and mark the new pan to be trimmed into place.

I scoured the pan with a 90 degree grinder so I would have a guide for my plasma.

After cutting and dressing the edges it was time to start stitch welding the pan in place.

Spot welds where the front frame rails extend under the pan.

400 or so more welds and it will be ready for a grinder and some paint!

Trim work looks awesome!

Comment

Let me know if you ever need consumables for that plasma. I have a bunch. And nice work on the floor pans.

Comment

Thanks Lonnie. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Comment

Floor pans are all done. As soon as the coating cures 32 lbs of eastwood thermo coustic heat/sound barrier will go in.

Comment

Where can you get new plugs for the holes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Where can you get new plugs for the holes?
              I bought all new plugs and a full rubber plug/grommet kit for the whole car from CJ Pony parts.

Comment

Awesome. Looking good btw.

I bet you where happy to be done welding.

Comment

Yes I am. My arms got pretty burnt today. I wasn't planning on welding after work but I had this sudden moment of motivation.

Comment

I love my welding jacket, I'm fair skinned and it doesn't take much welding to turn me pink lol.

Comment

I need to get a jacket and cap. I can't tell you how many times I have smelled burning hair.

Comment

I wear a cheap denim long sleeve shirt. If not my arms look baaaad after a day of welding.

Stuff will still burn though from time to time, but way better than nothing

Comment

I've done so many of those cars I can take the interior out, cut and weld both pans in and install the interior in less then 5 hours. That's including sealing and painting the entire under carriage.

I hate mustangs.
                          Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                          X