86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Since this is the picture forum......

I got the fronts on today.

They clear......so far

I drilled the SN95 (1995 to be exact....yes it makes a difference) hubs to fit the ARP 100-7703 wheel studs. It takes a 39/64 drill bit and you better be using carbide. It took me a long time just to find this size only to buy the $14 cheaper bit of the two options in Grainger's catalog. Let's just say that was the fastest way to waste $14. The first stud hole at the bit.

the good one to get...about $50 bit....anyone need hubs drilled? lol

Right tool for the job? Maybe not but I don't have a drill press and didn't feel like mounting the hubs in a bench.....that would involve removing them you know.

Nice and smooth....or smooth enough

After my nap I am going back out to pull the studs through the hubs and put the brakes back together after I clean all the dust and cob webs.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

BBRC sent me Fox tank brackets and they will not work. Time to make my own.

Now where did I put those 4' clamps?

Comment

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The money shot... This is exactly why I bought original Cobra R wheels. I always loved the fit, finish and design. Plus they look bad ass on a black car with red calipers and two piece rotors.

Now if I can just find two more GOOD center caps that are not $80 a peice. Maybe I will design and make my own. How does a Cobra going through a red turbo sound for a center cap instead of the red R?

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              The money shot... This is exactly why I bought original Cobra R wheels. I always loved the fit, finish and design. Plus they look bad ass on a black car with red calipers and two piece rotors.

Now if I can just find two more GOOD center caps that are not $80 a peice. Maybe I will design and make my own. How does a Cobra going through a red turbo sound for a center cap instead of the red R?
              Hey man if you need any help designing a cool logo, hit me up. I use to do it for a living!
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                that makes my left leg sore just thinking about it. When I switched from my fox to my vette it was heaven.
                I am using a dual disc Zoom clutch, the pedal is not that bad but you are right, not a hydr. by a long shot.

I am tracking a couple guys that did the swap on their SN95 high HP motors. I thing I will let them work out the bugs and parts list first.

Comment

Hey man if you need any help designing a cool logo, hit me up. I use to do it for a living!
                  If I can take the factory cobra emblem and put a turbo scroll around his neck I think it would be tits. It is the little details that you can look at and not even think twice but next time you see it you know that little bit took a lot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    I am using a dual disc Zoom clutch, the pedal is not that bad but you are right, not a hydr. by a long shot.

I am tracking a couple guys that did the swap on their SN95 high HP motors. I thing I will let them work out the bugs and parts list first.
                    I run an twin disc exedy carbon clutch in my vette. Very good clutch.. it's just on or off though. Occasionally I still kill it at lights, because it's grip location changes with heat.

Comment

Did you already drill all 4 hubs?

If not, extra special care to make sure they are square (to the hub surface) would be prudent. You could get some vibration with some egg shaped holes.

David

Comment

I run an twin disc exedy carbon clutch in my vette. Very good clutch.. it's just on or off though. Occasionally I still kill it at lights, because it's grip location changes with heat.
                        There is no slipping this twin disc.....

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                          Did you already drill all 4 hubs?

If not, extra special care to make sure they are square (to the hub surface) would be prudent. You could get some vibration with some egg shaped holes.

David
                          The rears are already good.....but I did drill all the fronts this morning. (pics of patio in the home improvement forum)

I feel they are true 90*. I will check it when I pull them through and I have an extra hub just in case. The amount of metal the bit had to cut was very minimal.

Comment

The flange on the stud will help it line up pretty good, even with a slightly off hole.

Keith, I think McLeod offers a bolt in hydraulic conversion kit for Mustangs.

Comment

that makes my left leg sore just thinking about it. When I switched from my fox to my vette it was heaven.
                              I still want to come by and check out your vette sometime in the distant future. Ill be in the market for one in as soon as I finish school.....or maybe a CTS-V. I can't decide whether to go full blown mid-life crisis or not.

Comment

tank problems.....I asked Chris at BBRC for the inlet/outlet plate on the right hand side. He assured me center mounted is the best spot to allow for exhaust...well houston we have a problem. The fittings are too close to the Panhard Bar frame.

One thing is for sure, I won't have any problems getting tail pipes through this canyon.

I am thinking about spacing the tank down 1" to 1.5" to get the fitting below the bar.

I did get a new bracket built, easy enough

I can always make another for when I decide to space it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X