• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Greg!
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• How many winters is this going to take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
        How many winters is this going to take?
        Lol, I know... only 2. It will be done soon and maybe even painted by this summer.
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Just finished installing new UPR upper and Lower control arms! Hell yeah! Have been wanting to do that for a long time
          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• A1000 installed...

Last edited by BlueCoupeRedVert; 03-24-2013, 07:19 PM.
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Installing a fuel cell too, but adding a fuel level sending unit in a stealth way..

made the bracket to mount to the bottom of vent fitting and wires come up out
              thru the vent tube

installed

wires hidden in vent tube
              Last edited by BlueCoupeRedVert; 03-27-2013, 10:42 PM. Reason: pics
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• If you can put some sort of a rubber gasket between the pump and the frame to minimize the noise. I would also suggest a Aeromotive or Weldon speed controller make sure to run a good feed 10ga.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  If you can put some sort of a rubber gasket between the pump and the frame to minimize the noise. I would also suggest a Aeromotive or Weldon speed controller make sure to run a good feed 10ga.
                  Not to worried about noise, the V-1 is loud as hell. Lol I have 10anto feed and 8an return. One day i might and the controller.
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Sump to pump line. Should get the rest finished tomorrow.

Power wires and relay
                    Last edited by BlueCoupeRedVert; 03-27-2013, 11:02 PM.
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Are you running the power through the inertia switch?

I have a Racetronix Fuel Pump wire relay harness set that I am not using if you are not 100% happy with what you have. I would let it go for the cheap.

Comment

• Yes, I am using the factory fuel pump power wire to trigger the 30amp relay. The battery is in the trunk
                        too, so there is a short lead from that to a 30amp circuit breaker to the relay then to the pump, all 8gaugeto power wire with same 8gaugefor used as a ground.
                        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• i'd personally stay away from the aeromotive speed controller, i still wonder if mine had something to do with my broken piston. when i got the motor put back together after i re-built it mine wouldn't cycle to the high speed. i ripped it off and am now just running full speed full time

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            i'd personally stay away from the aeromotive speed controller, i still wonder if mine had something to do with my broken piston. when i got the motor put back together after i re-built it mine wouldn't cycle to the high speed. i ripped it off and am now just running full speed full time
                            Interesting. Did you switch yours to full speed while at the track? I assume you would have. What pump? What version of the controller was it? Aeromotive made some changes to the old red version. I ask cause I have one planned to go in. Already bought and paid for.

Comment

• We installed an Aeromotive controller(red) on Fst86GT's car with an A2000. It works great. Has the RPM control and full power overide on a switch.
                              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                                Interesting. Did you switch yours to full speed while at the track? I assume you would have. What pump? What version of the controller was it? Aeromotive made some changes to the old red version. I ask cause I have one planned to go in. Already bought and paid for.
                                mine was the older version.

i had mine set with 2 activation methods, rpm and boost (via a hobbs switch to the manual switch). it'd kick the pump to full speed over 4k rpm or over 1psi.

Comment

Working...
                                X