CMC Mustang Debut Race MSR Cresson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC Mustang Debut Race MSR Cresson

I had one hell of a weekend with the CMC car, my wife is pregnant so my time at the shop has been limited, I missed practice and qualifying on Saturday and just barely made the 1st race due to me finishing up the car the morning of the race.
    I want to give a huge thank you to Dave Balingit and Will Faules with NASA.
    Dave last minute certified the tech on my car a few minutes before the first race, I had just finished welding the cage the morning of the race. Will has been very helpful with registration and getting my medical on file.
    I also want to thank Matt at Gearheads, I called him very last minute and he got me on the dyno in 15 mins on the morning of the race, he has always had a great attitude and has been a pleasure to deal with.
    Last but definitely not least, big thanks to Texas Track works, Kyle Yepsen, one of the owners of the shop, was very helpful in getting my tech expedited which allowed me to make the first race.

So I yanked the stock tlok and put in the Boss Torsen T2R, still had major issues with spinning the inside tire, I am spoiled with the Giken in my miata, I think once I get some of the body roll under control it will be much better.
    The car has no sway bars, still needs alot of suspension work, it was initially pushing like mad, I ended up with a ~8psi front to rear tire pressure differential to try and balance the car, that wasn't nearly enough to balance it so I ended up toeing the front out 1/2", the toe was very helpful but it was hard on the tires obviously. On Sunday I pulled the toe in a bit with around 1/4" toe out and I got my camber to ~4 deg from ~3 deg, this helped quite a bit.
    Even with all of the suspension issues I managed finishing 8th out of 15 in CMC on my very first race on Saturday after starting in the back. My best finish was 4th on Sunday also starting from the back. I am excited to see how the car runs after some proper suspension setup and another ~14hp (Made 244rwhp, looking for a tad under 260rwhp), TWS here I come.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

That is FRICKING awesome! Love it! I was out there running TT this weekend, but wheel to wheel is where it's at for sure! Awesome video and great driving!
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      That is FRICKING awesome! Love it! I was out there running TT this weekend, but wheel to wheel is where it's at for sure! Awesome video and great driving!
      Thank you!, the better parts of the video are 6:30 to 9:30 and 16:30+
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Kick ass!
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          Thank you!, the better parts of the video are 6:30 to 9:30 and 16:30+
          Looks like you were the class of the field, passing a bunch of cars. I love your aggressiveness on not giving people the line in corners and pinching them to the outside. Not to mention, it takes their mind off of their own driving, giving you the opportunity to take the pass within the next corner or two.

I'd really like to run AI or CMC someday.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Kick ass!
            Did you do ECR last week?

Looks like you were the class of the field, passing a bunch of cars. I love your aggressiveness on not giving people the line in corners and pinching them to the outside. Not to mention, it takes their mind off of their own driving, giving you the opportunity to take the pass within the next corner or two.

That would be cool, you should check out spec iron too, I may be going that route after I get comfortable in CMC.

Comment

Did you do ECR last week?

That would be cool, you should check out spec iron too, I may be going that route after I get comfortable in CMC.
              kinda.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

kinda.

Comment

The fuel pump that I wanted to replace (or at least take a spare with us) died at the track, and we lost an axle seal that we should have changed out at the shop 3 races ago that has just been seeping for two years. It decided to spew this time. After that, we got it all together and woke up to ice on the track, so that delayed us an hour, and then it was coming in all over the metroplex, so we decided to load up and haul ass before it got real bad. They ended it two hours early, about an hour after we left.

Loading a car on an ice covered trailer is thrilling.

Comment

The fuel pump that I wanted to replace (or at least take a spare with us) died at the track, and we lost an axle seal that we should have changed out at the shop 3 races ago that has just been seeping for two years. It decided to spew this time. After that, we got it all together and woke up to ice on the track, so that delayed us an hour, and then it was coming in all over the metroplex, so we decided to load up and haul ass before it got real bad. They ended it two hours early, about an hour after we left.

Loading a car on an ice covered trailer is thrilling.
                    Damn... I'm sorry to hear that it went so shitty.

Comment

That asshole in the white coupe irritated me. Good on you for finally going inside and not backing off on the pass.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Damn... I'm sorry to hear that it went so shitty.
                        it wasnt that bad, just spent more time in the paddock than on the track. Good news is that we have finally found the answer to our fuel issues, and some low end torque too.

Comment

Make you a hell of a deal on the fastest mustang in the state!

Tyler, great job and very consistant right up to the last couple laps when the front tires went away. No sway bars? Whatchyouthinkingboy?!!!

See you at TWS for the unveiling of the new aero package on my car! Hope it works! :fingerscrossed:

Comment

When is the TWS race?

Side note: nasatxracing.com is available if anyone wants to buy it...

Comment

April 25-27 Texas World Speedway
                              HPDE, Time Trials, Racing, Enduro, Comp School

Comment

Working...
                              X