1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
    Remove the section of pan between the wheel tub and frame rail, that’ll buy you about an inch of clearance

Thanks. I think I’ll end up doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What about the sheet metal that gets welded here on the wheel well, won’t I have to move that over as well? And then there is a bolt hole mount welded to the body for the seat belts.

How should I tackle that?

Comment

• Also, if you guys could keep an eye out for a t-5 trans, I think I’ll be swapping it to manual.

Comment

• Fuck t5 get a t56 if you are going for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Fuck t5 get a t56 if you are going for it.

Well. Keep and eye out for that too lol

Comment

• I just cut out the excess and welded the tub back in
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                I just cut out the excess and welded the tub back in

Gotcha

Comment

• And now I’m annoyed and I think I screwed up cause I don’t know what I’m doing. I think I’m gonna end up having to mini tub it . Galdamnit .... I should have just stuck to my guns

Comment

• It’s been decades since I owned a coupe, so forgive my ignorance, but would a minitub make it so the interior panels wouldn’t fit anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      It’s been decades since I owned a coupe, so forgive my ignorance, but would a minitub make it so the interior panels wouldn’t fit anymore?
                      yes. There are a couple of work arounds, since it's more or less just the seat area.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        yes. There are a couple of work arounds, since it's more or less just the seat area.
                        I figured as much. Same thing for the fastback, which would keep me from doing that mod, personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          I figured as much. Same thing for the fastback, which would keep me from doing that mod, personally.
                          You could use these, they dont require interior modifiacations.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• 1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            It’s been decades since I owned a coupe, so forgive my ignorance, but would a minitub make it so the interior panels wouldn’t fit anymore?

Yeah I’m just gonna probably end up having to make them work however I can.

Decided to cut the lip off of the new wheel well and buy a 3” wide piece of sheet metal. I’ll weld the lip up to the body, weld the strip to the lip, then weld in the wheel well and get it all lined back up hopefully. I’m gonna try and retain the usage of the interior panels. I’ll have to see once I get the tubs in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              You could use these, they dont require interior modifiacations.

https://shop.mustangstofear.com/inde...roducts_id=425

These say for 65-66

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                                These say for 65-66

I was talking to blake.

Comment

Working...
                                X