Who's the car audio plug these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the car audio plug these days?

I'm looking to pick up some more JL stuff and am looking for the hookup. Or are the online e-retailers basically the same thing these days?

EW still around?

I know how to hook up speakers and stuff

Comment

my old man was a television repair man, and he has this ultimate set of tools.

let me know.

Comment

Eric is no longer in the industry. Autosound in Bedford has new ownership, and is definitely not the same place anymore.

Mobile Sound Systems on Cooper on Arlington was my go-to prior to doing business with Eric, but that was about 20 years ago, so I have no idea if they are still a decent shop.

If I were in the market for something these days, I'd probably just hunt down the best deal and then install everything myself, but only because I have the experience, confidence, and tools to do it.

Dare I say, you might even check out Car Toys. Ideally, you'd want to find one with an experienced, talented installer, but I don't know how you would know for sure that it isn't just some entry level kid working on your stuff in the back.

Good luck! There aren't too many of us around who care about good car audio anymore, so kudos for keeping it alive!

Comment

I really don’t have much knowledge on the subject, but I had a radio and some speakers installed at car toys Lewisville. The installer was in his late forties and definitely seemed like he knew his stuff - it wasn’t some 20yo.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
          X