Paint shop recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint shop recommendation

Looking to get a repaint for a '07 Crown Victoria. It doesn't really need any body work, but it has the classic peeling white paint. I would like to do all the shit work like removing lights/trim and sanding to help with the cost. Any recommendations?

The only recommendation I would make is the guy doing my mustang... but he's a perfectionist and all the way in TN and unlikely you are looking for show quality paint on your CV.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Maaco maybe?

Comment

Grubbs Motorsports was founded in 2000 by Michael Grubbs, our goal was to build the highest quality show cars & to service classic cars. We did a few Collision jobs here along the way & quickly realized that our high level of show quality paint, perfect body lines & gaps made our Collision Repair a cut above the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Maaco maybe?
          I was about to post exactly that and not as a joke either, my Son took a 2010 Hyndai that was peeling on real bad, hood, roof, trunk and sail panels (C-pillars) and they DA sanded the top panels and seal coated and BC/CC'd the entire car for $800.xx, this is at the Maaco in Plano. I was lmao when he told me the price, he didn't really care what it looked like as long as it looked better than the peeling paint as his Turo customers were bitching, now its a top rented car in his fleet of 25 cars.
          I was amazed as how good it looked, I have a re-painted picture but not an old one, Ill see if can get it to load.

I recommend Titan in Dallas on Garland rd. That guy does decent work, he painted the roof and hood on my '05 Chebby truck and it came out bad ass, but was $1100.00 to re-surface, seal and BC/CC. I would recommend that guy if you want a better job, but if you want to save money and don't care about a small run in the paint here and there and little trash, you can't go wrong with the Maaco in Plano.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Attached Files
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

This the before pics.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is the c-pillar pic. The hood looked just as bad.
                Attached Files

Comment

HQ pics breh. :P

Comment

Lmao, I was only halfass serious but after seeing that I might get some shiny paint on my shitbox vic. If it’s not a 3 month process, fuck all that

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      Lmao, I was only halfass serious but after seeing that I might get some shiny paint on my shitbox vic. If it?s not a 3 month process, fuck all that
                      Right, hahahaha!

I think he dropped it off on a Tuesday and picked it up that Friday.

And FWIW, I was in the collision repair business for over 30 yrs., and they were a joke, but I guess they have a good crew there and use decent materials, lol.

My friend that has a shop in Tyler just charged me $800.00 to paint the front bumper cover on our '17 Stang, R&R it, R&R the grills, re-surface the road rash and chips. Re-clear coat the HL and fogs, but it came out like brand new. Thats the thing with Titan, he takes a few weeks to do anything and that car wasn't going to Maaco...

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I was about to post exactly that and not as a joke either, my Son took a 2010 Hyndai that was peeling on real bad, hood, roof, trunk and sail panels (C-pillars) and they DA sanded the top panels and seal coated and BC/CC'd the entire car for $800.xx, this is at the Maaco in Plano. I was lmao when he told me the price, he didn't really care what it looked like as long as it looked better than the peeling paint as his Turo customers were bitching, now its a top rented car in his fleet of 25 cars.
                        I was amazed as how good it looked, I have a re-painted picture but not an old one, Ill see if can get it to load.

I recommend Titan in Dallas on Garland rd. That guy does decent work, he painted the roof and hood on my '05 Chebby truck and it came out bad ass, but was $1100.00 to re-surface, seal and BC/CC. I would recommend that guy if you want a better job, but if you want to save money and don't care about a small run in the paint here and there and little trash, you can't go wrong with the Maaco in Plano.
                        I might be about to show my ignorance here, but who rents something like that and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          I might be about to show my ignorance here, but who rents something like that and why?
                          Mostly 18-25 year old's that can't rent a car from the major rental car companies. It's also more convenient to rent a car locally, like for instance your car has to go to the shop and you need to borrow a car for a day or two, this makes it easier to grab a car from someone locally on the Turo platform for a day or three without spending a fortune. As long as you have a Credit Card, License and the Turo App, you're good to go.
                          For he and he wife, they have amassed a small fleet of cars, all within the guidelines of Turo. Of course, if someone smokes, brings it back dirty, doesn't clean it, they get paid through the platform, so that's extra skrilla and if they wreck a car, the Turo insurance pays value so they make Mo Money since they usually get a good deal on the car they bought and have already made money on it. He also self-repairs any damages, bent wheels, small collisions and does all his own maintenance.

Comment

Yeah, took it to that Maaco last week. $2500 or $3500 doing door sills. That's not base/clear either, just single stage....

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                              Yeah, took it to that Maaco last week. $2500 or $3500 doing door sills. That's not base/clear either, just single stage....
                              Maaco has gone up. Painted my wife's camry last year. Was $3300.00

Still cheaper than buying her a new car. Its brandy new with paint and new headlights.
                              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Working...
                              X