Tea-Party & Occupy Wall Street v.venndiagram greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea-Party & Occupy Wall Street v.venndiagram greatness

It's not Left vs. Right, but it sure seems like my sig (divide & conquer if you have sigs turned off), I posted this in another thread;

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
    People on both sides pick out the extremes of each side to cite as examples, but in the end I think we're all a lot more similar-minded than we think.

On dfwmustangs I feel like a minority that's more moderate than most of you. On other sites I feel a lot more right than the majority of posters.

I text back and worth with a self-described "liberal anarchist" chick I grew up with who legally grows medical marijuana for extra income.

She's about as left as anyone I've ever actually known in life. She thinks I'm a conservative nut, but I've still managed to find common ground with her and explain that I'm not as conservative as she thinks I am nor is she as liberal as she thinks.

Everyone seems to be against waste, abuse of the system (whether by the poor exploiting entitlement programs or the ultrawealthy exploiting tax loopholes), corruption on wall street, corruption in Washington, etc. no matter how left or right you see yourself.

Seems like the real divide in this country isn't so much because our individual views are so different, but because the people we listen to and get our news from (whether left or right) are such fucking assholes.

Each sides politicians and propagandists twist everything so much that each side believes the other is insane.

Just my thoughts
    stolen from google;

Not saying there is some member group with a plan, but I think that everyone can see how billion dollar global business empires can manipulate the US political process. Funding elections, lobbyist groups, pr campaigns, viral campaigns, media ownership, blah blah blah.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

That's why we need to get that out. Though I doubt it will ever happen. Like anyone would ever vote themselves a big pay cut. Maybe one day when some new country gets started on Mars or somewhere, we can edit out a bunch of the bullshit in this one.

Comment

Hobie's post are worth reading!!!

Comment

Good post, Hobie.

Comment

The government is infinitely more dangerous than any large company. Companies want money, and the shareholders are you and me. Government wants everything you have.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

They both want power and control.

One wants control of the money and the power that goes with it.

The other wants control of the people and the power that with it.

The liberals like Pelosi cry about the rich and how the rich hate the common people. Yet, Pelosi uses her power to take advantage of the system (like saving her son's job at Countrywide) and wants people to give her and the govt. control over their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
              That's why we need to get that out. Though I doubt it will ever happen. Like anyone would ever vote themselves a big pay cut. Maybe one day when some new country gets started on Mars or somewhere, we can edit out a bunch of the bullshit in this one.
              Let's start a lobby and get some legislation passed requiring all federal politicians to wear sponsor logos on their suits while campaigning like cup cars. The bigger the donation the larger and more prominent the logo.

Originally posted by Bad A$$ Coupe View Post
              Hobie's post are worth reading!!!
              Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              Good post, Hobie.
              thanks guys, I'm just a jack ass that likes to read

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              The government is infinitely more dangerous than any large company. Companies want money, and the shareholders are you and me. Government wants everything you have.
              This is going to sound anti-capitalist, but I'm starting to feel like BIG business, the "too big to fail" type, is inefficient like big government is inefficient. It doesn't seem to be a "fair" market in some cases and it certainly isn't the best for the consumer. Before you guys crucify me for that, even Alan Greenspan said, "If they're too big to fail, they're too big."

and yeah, big government is still worse. There are way too many idiots in congress for me to feel comfortable trusting them with a multi-trillion dollar entity.

Seriously, think about it, lots of these people are CLOWNS that would n-e-v-e-r be an upper level exec at a fortune 500, but they run a multi-trillion dollar empire??? It's a shocker the whole thing hasn't assploded already.

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              They both want power and control.

One wants control of the money and the power that goes with it.

The other wants control of the people and the power that with it.

The liberals like Pelosi cry about the rich and how the rich hate the common people. Yet, Pelosi uses her power to take advantage of the system (like saving her son's job at Countrywide) and wants people to give her and the govt. control over their lives.
              I think I hate common people too, but I'm also a commoner and a misanthrope. I hate everyone, but that bitch needs to die already.
              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                Let's start a lobby and get some legislation passed requiring all federal politicians to wear sponsor logos on their suits while campaigning like cup cars. The bigger the donation the larger and more prominent the logo.
                That would freakin rock. And be hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                X