Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Each Iraqi killed cost about $8 million - zombie war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of that stuff's real.

But they didn't used to develop biological weapons for no reason. They have a military application whether you like it or not. Its just that its illegal now. Ever since they made that movie "The stand". Not really but I think the time that the research became illegal was roughly around the time that stupid movie came out. Book was a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
      Some of that stuff's real.

But they didn't used to develop biological weapons for no reason. They have a military application whether you like it or not. Its just that its illegal now. Ever since they made that movie "The stand". Not really but I think the time that the research became illegal was roughly around the time that stupid movie came out. Book was a lot better.
      Biological weapons being real = true.
      Biological weapons being illegal because of a Stephen King book = greatest bogus hypothesis I've ever heard in my life.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If you're going to use a biological weapon, you crank up the maturation rate and have it be completely lethal within minutes. No one has a chance to leave the borders, no one has a chance to catch a flight.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Automatic retroactive killswitch combined with anti mutation genetic engineering? Virus kills boatloads of people until a certain time when it dies itself. And surround all the ways out with our inoculated forces that won't let anyone out.

Soooo...we do it with science fiction?

And trying to quarantine an area is a damn nightmare and impossible for our Army in a place like Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post

And trying to quarantine an area is a damn nightmare and impossible for our Army in a place like Afghanistan.
            Bro... don't bother.

Comment

yeah, the borders are too porous as it stands now. You'd have to put in motion activated weapons, Predator drones, mine fields and you'd still probably not get them all.

However, if you're going SciFi:

Kinetic bombardment
              US Army THAAD launcher

Another theorized use involves the extension of conventional weaponry into orbit for deployment against ground targets. Though international treaties bar the deployment of nuclear missiles outside the atmosphere, other categories of weapons are largely unregulated. Traditional ground-based weapons are generally not useful in orbital environments, and few if any would survive re-entry even if they were, but as early as the 1950s, the United States has toyed with kinetic bombardment, i.e. orbiting magazines of non-explosive projectiles to be dropped onto hardened targets from low-earth orbit.
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Oh god. Please make it stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Bro... don't bother.
                  Damnit, but I wanna!

Comment

Biological weapons being real = true.
                    Biological weapons being illegal because of a Stephen King book = greatest bogus hypothesis I've ever heard in my life.
                    Read the post you replied to.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    If you're going to use a biological weapon, you crank up the maturation rate and have it be completely lethal within minutes. No one has a chance to leave the borders, no one has a chance to catch a flight.
                    This.

As he said, no real need to quarantine. I was just trying to avoid using something that... virulent. But eh, all's fair in war. Not to mention that I would think that you would know, that viruses can't cross certain barriers on their own. Its known they can't cross oceans, and mountain ranges if the conditions are right. There's no argument that it can be done without it spilling over into undesired locations. They only argument would be the legality. Which of course, some countries don't give a flying shit about.
                    Last edited by SMEGMA STENCH; 11-07-2011, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Oh I read it. What y'all are talking about just doesn't exist.

Comment

As he said, no real need to quarantine. I was just trying to avoid using something that... virulent. But eh, all's fair in war. Not to mention that I would think that you would know, that viruses can't cross certain barriers on their own. Its known they can't cross oceans, and mountain ranges if the conditions are right. There's no argument that it can be done without it spilling over into undesired locations. They only argument would be the legality. Which of course, some countries don't give a flying shit about.
                        You guys greatly overestimate current technology's ability to genetically engineer. Making something more or less virulent is not entirely something we can currently control.

Yes, viron typically cannot cross certain geographical borders on their own. But they can certainly piggy back either on a host or an inanimate object. Thus you would need a quarantine. There absolutely remains a concern about it spilling into undesired locations.
                        Last edited by exlude; 11-07-2011, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Nevermind that a weaponized virus might not do squat to a different species, except find a new carrier. There's a reason the Russians and Chinese will let nukes out before they'll let biological warfare assets out.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            I know I killed people a LOT cheaper than that.
                            Ya...but add in the cost of getting you there, clothing you, feeding you, keeping your base operative, your Humvee, gas for your Humvee, etc...
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Oh I read it. What y'all are talking about just doesn't exist.
                              Then you didn't understand it. I said "Not really" but you still said "is the most bogus hypothesis I've ever heard". "Not really", meaning I obviously know that the law wasn't passed because a movie based on a Stephen King book came out.

Nevermind that a weaponized virus might not do squat to a different species, except find a new carrier.
                              Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do we need it to do squat to a diffent species? There is only one species being targeted...

Comment

Do you really want a lecture on microbiology and epidemiology? I don't think I can make one short enough for you to retain through this little lucid fit of yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X