Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patty melt who's cpa cert number did you post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know him from Adam. Maybe I'd feel differently if I was using him as my accountant or if his misrepresentation affected my life in any way. But as it sits, the only place it affects me is as a bunch of posts on a forum I frequent.

It reads like a bunch of people too worried about what some other guy is doing instead of paying attention to their own business.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Besides, a lot of people here know him and he's way cool.
      I'll be sure to cite this as my defense when I'm brought up on malpractice charges...

I hope no one will discover my Lambo is a jeep cherokee, my southlake mansion is a 1700 sq ft house in Irving, alot of people here that know me is only two, and being cool could only be referring to my temperature, because then my entire defense will be fvcked!
      Last edited by sc281; 08-11-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Pattymelt got called out on not being a CPA. He attempted to post a copy of a CPA cert. Pattymelt defenders say everyone is just hating on him. I could give half a crap about 100% of this board, and trust me am "jealous" of nobody. What I have done is busted my ever loving ass in my efforts to obtain a highly respected/coveted certification (CFA Level 3 Candidate) and have a huge problem with someone claiming to have a designation they don't have.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
          I'll be sure to cite this as my defense when I'm brought up on malpractice charges...

I hope no one will discover my Lambo is a jeep cherokee, my southlake mansion is a 1700 sq ft house in Irving, and, alot of people here that know me is only two, because then my entire defense will be fvcked!
          I could honestly give a fuck less about the possessions...good for him. I have tons of friends who have busted their asses for the CPA or a level or 2 of the CFA.
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

I could honestly give a fuck less about the possessions...good for him. I have tons of friends who have busted their asses for the CPA or a level or 2 of the CFA.
            Dig the possessions, and when a real CPA cert becomes one of them, I'll dig it too.

Stolen valor pertains to more than just military in my book, but call me old fashioned.

Comment

Pattymelt got called out on not being a CPA. He attempted to post a copy of a CPA cert. Pattymelt defenders say everyone is just hating on him. I could give half a crap about 100% of this board, and trust me am "jealous" of nobody. What I have done is busted my ever loving ass in my efforts to obtain a highly respected/coveted certification (CFA Level 3 Candidate) and have a huge problem with someone claiming to have a designation they don't have.
              So, he's not an accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                Pretty big difference between a CPA and an accountant.

Comment

He's an accountant. Not a CPA... think if you went to law school but haven't passed the bar yet and held yourself out to be a licensed attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    Pretty big difference between a CPA and an accountant.
                    Most "accountants" I know are nothing more than bookkeepers. Not saying this is the case w/ the poster in question, I'm sure he's knows a lot of accounting.

Just saying... Randy if you ever want to separate someone who says they're an accountant, ask them if they could build you a direct-method statement of cash flows with 2 balance sheets and an income statement. Better yet, say one balance sheet and see if they say yes.

Comment

He's an accountant. Not a CPA... think if you went to law school but haven't passed the bar yet and held yourself out to be a licensed attorney.
                      But could I have a lambo?

Comment

But could I have a lambo?
                        Does it matter? You are going to be an attorney. It isn't like you're gonna have a reputation worth protecting, regardless. :wink1:

Comment

To me it speaks volumes that Patty has done nothing to clear his name, other than to say that he's a drug dealer to explain the income in jest.

Perhaps he's truly a CPA and doesn't care about the doubt being cast on his character, but I think that he got caught in a "white" lie, and can do nothing but deflect and ignore.

This is a completely unbiased opinion, I don't know him personally, and couldn't care less about how he and his fiance afford the life that they have built. That is just how I see it.

That having been said, making threats on his livelihood based on Internet misrepresentation is way across the line. I'd like to think that this forum is made up of "real" people, that are full of positive qualities as well as indiscretions. He didn't come on here advertising his services as a CPA, call him out if it makes you feel better (I do understand why it's offensive to real CPAs), royally embarrass him on the board if you want, but unless he is representing himself to you as a client as a CPA or you have knowledge that he is doing it to others, Internet admonishment should be as far as it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                            Does it matter? You are going to be an attorney. It isn't like you're gonna have a reputation worth protecting, regardless. :wink1:
                            I smell defamation! (to help me pay for my toys)

Comment

so... i'm looking for a CPA.. anybody know one?
                              first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                                so... i'm looking for a CPA.. anybody know one?
                                I'm married to a pretty damn good one. Whatchu need?

Laundering, cookin the books, hiding assets? One call, we got it all.

Disclaimer - my wife does not participate in illegal activities, nor will she ever, she's as straight as an arrow, no matter how much I try to corrupt her!
                                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X