X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wat?

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      Actually you will care because white belts are sloppier, thus more chance of an injury. Plus as you get better youll want more of a challenge, as well as the buddies you met there will advance and move to different levels.

Yes its a much better atmosphere.
      You are probably right, thanks for the advice. I won't sign up until January if I do decide to join. Mainly because Christmas is coming up, and that money could be served better for my family, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Wat?
        I want to fight kimbo slice.
        Last edited by roliath; 11-30-2011, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
          LMAO! Truer words...

How's the dad life bro?
          Tried to tell him to come back. Maybe I need to try what makes you keep coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
            Tried to tell him to come back. Maybe I need to try what makes you keep coming back.
            Did I miss the thread about why he left?
            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              Did I miss the thread about why he left?
              Who are you referring to?

Comment

Lmfao @ the "blueberry belt" tag btw

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                  Who are you referring to?
                  Steve
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Carlos has great Jiu Jitsu, but the school has some politics and it's expensive. There are other great schools, but ultimately you should pick the school that strikes your fancy.

What area are you located in?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      Steve
                      He didn't get run off in a thread that I know of. He is just busy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        Carlos has great Jiu Jitsu, but the school has some politics and it's expensive. There are other great schools, but ultimately you should pick the school that strikes your fancy.

What area are you located in?
                        pretty much garland
                        near renner and gb.

And let me say i'm not "actively" looking for a Jiu Jitsu school, its just something that I went to and it turned out that it kept my interest. It seemed like a more interesting workout than the gym, and if I can learn to whoop some ass than that's just a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          wax on, wax off
                          I thought the exact same thing. "Ralph Machio Jiu Jitsu? WTF is that?"
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            I thought the exact same thing. "Ralph Machio Jiu Jitsu? WTF is that?"
                            Its the name of the school.

Pete, when you say politics; could you elaborate on what you mean exactly?

Comment

Shannon Mathers at X-Factor in wylie is a great coach and a very nice guy. Jiu Jitsu is a lot of fun and you can train and have fun with little chance of injury.

I really don't care to elaborate too much on the politics, but either you're one of the guys who gets the attention, or youre one of the grappling dummies.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                                Shannon Mathers at X-Factor in wylie is a great coach and a very nice guy. Jiu Jitsu is a lot of fun and you can train and have fun with little chance of injury.

I really don't care to elaborate too much on the politics, but either you're one of the guys who gets the attention, or youre one of the grappling dummies.
                                when you were there, how do you think the class would take to a girl? I saw one or two I think one while I was there briefly. I ask for the co-worker I went with.

EDIT: X-Factor? I think another co-worker Elijah F. went there/trained there or something to that matter. I'll have to ask him when he gets back from Amsterdam.

Comment

Working...
                                X