Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Sweet, what you shootin for, 8 deg?
    i'll likely let the alignment guy make that call.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Looks good. What do you lack before you can put it on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        Looks good. What do you lack before you can put it on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
        everything else....

I still need to get the rack in, bumpsteer kit wasnt supplied, and will be shipping out the 3rd? So I dont expect it to be here until next week. I put a call in to AJE, they make a steering shaft but I see lead times of a couple weeks, and I really dont have a couple weeks to wait. I may be trying to get u-joints and making my own.

I'm going to cut the strut towers back to add room around the plugs/headers, so I'll need to find a plate of 11-16 gauge steel to put there, and obviously finish cutting it out.

Then I can put the engine/trans in and work on accessories. I have a few parts to buy this week, shifter cable, radiator, swap pan, etc.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I have a brand new shifter cable.... Ford
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• If I remember right I had to cut the bottom mof my column, put a bearing in it and the shaft slid in. Wasn't too complicated to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              If I remember right I had to cut the bottom mof my column, put a bearing in it and the shaft slid in. Wasn't too complicated to make.
              AJE's tech support called me back, he was going to check into the support bearing, the "new style" he was unfamiliar with. He thought there was something that had to be added, but both the install instructions and the picture of the shaft dont show anything. He's also checking on lead time, they have to make each one ( I guess they dont put one of each together to be able to ship out) when the order is placed. Summit shows two weeks to ship, he said that it should be much quicker.

Comment

• Well damn, hope they knock it out!

Comment

Well damn, hope they knock it out!
                  know where I can find a couple feet of sheet metal?

Comment

• I can check my scrap metal bin.

Comment

I can check my scrap metal bin.
                      Sweet, just needs to be flat.

Comment

If I remember right I had to cut the bottom mof my column, put a bearing in it and the shaft slid in. Wasn't too complicated to make.
                        update, they provide a bushing, you have to pull the steering wheel, take out the tube, install the bushing and reassemble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                          I have a brand new shifter cable.... Ford
                          what year?

Comment

• I was going to use it on my 95 with stock 95 shifter
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              I was going to use it on my 95 with stock 95 shifter
                              eh, it's only like 30 bucks from ford, that's not worth gas or shipping.

Comment

• its fuckin' GRANDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X