Gotta love people in the gym after new years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love people in the gym after new years

Yes, the have every right to be there and I try not to bitch about people too much but sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're just annoying. I went pretty late tonight to avoid traffic. Showed up about 9pm and it's still pretty busy...damn. A couple that got on my nerves were the ones that were just sitting on equipment, texting, talking on cell, or just watching TV. Also, I was walking towards the water fountains and two chunky chicks were using them, no big deal. Once they stop, they start talking to eachother...and keep talking to eachother right in front of the fountains. I'm sitting there waiting, and didn't feel like taking my headphones off to say "excuse me" or anything, plus I really just don't like talking to people at the gym, just figured that since there were four people in line behind them including me they'd get the picture. After about a minute or so they finally stop talking and move. One of my little pet-peeves that might not be a big deal to others is putting the damned dumbbells back where they go. They're all out of order minus the heavy ones of course. The funny thing that I saw was this group of fat hispanic chicks that all they did for 20 minutes was walk from the front desk, to where the medicine balls and mats were over and over. I was doing cardio the entire time and I still can't figure out what they were doing. Fun times. Hopefully after January it'll either starting thinning out, or they'll learn basic gym etiquette.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Just smile and remember if it weren't for the resolutioners who come in for a month and are never seen again (but keep their membership active) the people who routinely use the gym would be paying 100/month.
    Originally posted by Denny
    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
      Just smile and remember if it weren't for the resolutioners who come in for a month and are never seen again (but keep their membership active) the people who routinely use the gym would be paying 100/month.
      That's actually a really good way of thinking about it.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Eric is right. They'll be gone before month's end. I saw some women of the bovine type today.

Comment

Not sure if your place is the same, or if your schedule allows, but at the LA Fitness I use there was no noticeable change in the lunchtime crowd.

Comment

There where aloot of new faces last night haha.

I watched a few walk around and talk mostly.

Most just use the treadmills, so this leaves the weight room free. I will just have to wait to get my cardio in if needed.

Comment

Now that I can only workout 2hrs during my lunch hours, I mow them lazy fucks over as my time is very limited!

I too run into a lot of people just sitting on the machines, so I just walk over, drop my gear right next to them and just stare until they feel uncomfortable enough to either start lifting, get up, or ask me if I want to work in with them.

I do not mind sharing and actually offer to share a machine if I am on it and even sense another person wants to use it.

I try to be nice and polite to people, but others around me know that I am there to do a job, not lolligag around.

Comment

Yup. Probably a 20% bump yesterday as opposed to last Wednesday. Resolutions and 3 month memberships pouring on in! Lots of folks getting the Gym Tour and hearing about 'beginner packages' for personal training.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

someone should come up with some t-shirts.....

"Gym etiquette...learn it!"

"I'm here to lift, not lolligag!"

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra
                    Fucking walking idiots all over the running treadmills. If you are gona walk use the damn sorry treads and leave the good ones for people who run @ 10.0 mph pace and not 2-4 mph pace newyears people..

had to run laps on the b-ball court the last 3 days and that REALLY blows..
                    There are a lot of miles of road and trails in and around the Dallas area.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      someone should come up with some t-shirts.....

"Gym etiquette...learn it!"

"I'm here to lift, not lolligag!"
                      Branch Warren always used to wear a shirt that said...

"Yo Faggot" on the front of it.
                      "Quit talking to me while I'm training" on the back of it.

It used to crack me up seeing people's reactions to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Not sure if your place is the same, or if your schedule allows, but at the LA Fitness I use there was no noticeable change in the lunchtime crowd.
                        There's hardly a change around lunch time, it's the after work til 10pm crowd that increases for the most part.

Comment

This is a wonderful time of year. However, I usually don't notice much difference since I go in early in the morning. At least I haven't in the past couple of years. I am going in tomorrow morning for the first time since New Years so we will see. Night time is always a damn zoo though. Usually they are all gone again within two weeks.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

it must be bad at the first of each year for you gym goers. hell I get tired of seeing this thread start every January lol
                            -Blaine

Comment

The attitude like this is also why some people don't feel welcome at a gym.

Ya its a little more crowded. Be patient and be kind. No sense in getting your Panties in a wad.

Comment

Working...
                              X