Gotta love people in the gym after new years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beej View Post
    The attitude like this is also why some people don't feel welcome at a gym.

Ya its a little more crowded. Be patient and be kind. No sense in getting your Panties in a wad.
    I don't remember posting where I bitched anybody out?
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
      The attitude like this is also why some people don't feel welcome at a gym.

Ya its a little more crowded. Be patient and be kind. No sense in getting your Panties in a wad.
      that's kinda hard man....my 1hr workout turns into a 1.5-2 hr workout. I tend to develope a routine with certain machines/stations and when I can't follow that routine, my workout goes to shit since I don't have that much time to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra
        Fucking walking idiots all over the running treadmills. If you are gona walk use the damn sorry treads and leave the good ones for people who run @ 10.0 mph pace and not 2-4 mph pace newyears people..

had to run laps on the b-ball court the last 3 days and that REALLY blows..
        How do you not twist your ankle through all the corners running a 10mph pace?
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

there were only 8-10 other people at 24 hour on Alma/Parker at 1pm today

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
            that's kinda hard man....my 1hr workout turns into a 1.5-2 hr workout. I tend to develope a routine with certain machines/stations and when I can't follow that routine, my workout goes to shit since I don't have that much time to spare.
            Build your own gym then.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              there were only 8-10 other people at 24 hour on Alma/Parker at 1pm today
              Lunchtime is always slow, like said earlier. Unfortunately I've been working out late the past couple of weeks. It's hard to go at 9pm one night, and be ready to go again at noon the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                Lunchtime is always slow, like said earlier. Unfortunately I've been working out late the past couple of weeks. It's hard to go at 9pm one night, and be ready to go again at noon the next day.
                I went at 2pm yesterday walked 2 miles, 8:30pm did chest and walked 2 miles
                11am today walked 1.5 miles, 2pm did arms, 3:30pm walked 1.5 miles, and 5:30 i'm going to probably do 2 miles before i go watch college football tonight

But i've just decided to break it up into two gym sessions a day so I only have to go for an hour at lunch and an hour and a half at night, instead of 2-3 hours a session

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  I went at 2pm yesterday walked 2 miles, 8:30pm did chest and walked 2 miles
                  11am today walked 1.5 miles, 2pm did arms, 3:30pm walked 1.5 miles, and 5:30 i'm going to probably do 2 miles before i go watch college football tonight

But i've just decided to break it up into two gym sessions a day so I only have to go for an hour at lunch and an hour and a half at night, instead of 2-3 hours a session
                  The only time I'd go twice a day was when I worked across the street from the 24 hour on rufe snow. During lunch I'd do my lifting, then after work I'd do different strength/explosive excercises and cardio. Now that it's not as convenient, I try to knock it all out in one trip.

Comment

could we have a relaxed and flexed picture of all the IFBB members that are so bothered by people in the gym?

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      could we have a relaxed and flexed picture of all the IFBB members that are so bothered by people in the gym?

god bless.
                      What does that have to do with gym etiquette? I'm not concerned with getting my swole on (because I don't have swole). Personally, I try to be courteous to others and just wish they'd do the same. I'll trade sets with somebody I don't know, I'll help spot, and I'll even let the ladies behind me use the fountains before me.

Trust me, I know it's not "my" gym. However, I wish the newcomers wouldn't treat it as "their" gym.

Comment

What does that have to do with gym etiquette? I'm not concerned with getting my swole on (because I don't have swole). Personally, I try to be courteous to others and just wish they'd do the same. I'll trade sets with somebody I don't know, I'll help spot, and I'll even let the ladies behind me use the fountains before me.

Trust me, I know it's not "my" gym. However, I wish the newcomers wouldn't treat it as "their" gym.

This. It reminds me of golfers thinking they own the course.

Comment

Heck while I'm in the gym getting a workout in the a.m., I get tired of counting all the people that come and go. People walk in and see me on an exercise bike and think that looks easy..... then they sit down next to me..... they start pedaling faster than I am. Then they start slowing down..... then 20 minutes later they pour themselves out of the saddle. And then I usually have another 30 minutes to go.

I'm just glad I go to a less crowded and popular gym and we have an outdoor track. I can't stand treadmills. It's bad enough having to spin on an indoor bike due to dark, traffic and weather.

I'm not moving much iron at all anymore. I'm just doing silly push ups with one arm on a medicine ball and crazy things like that. No one ever uses all of them in a gym .

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Heck while I'm in the gym getting a workout in the a.m., I get tired of counting all the people that come and go. People walk in and see me on an exercise bike and think that looks easy..... then they sit down next to me..... they start pedaling faster than I am. Then they start slowing down..... then 20 minutes later they pour themselves out of the saddle. And then I usually have another 30 minutes to go.
                            Do they actually verbalize what they are thinking to you or is this a way to flatter yourself in thinking everyone wants to be just like you?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              This is the way I look at it.

At one time you were new. You walked around glassy eyed. You didn’t know what to do. If someone gave you dirty looks and sighs and sat there twitling there thumbs I’m sure it would have scared you off.

Just be patient. People will taper off and soon it will be back to "normal"

Maybe if you are nice to one random person, help them out, give them some guidance or direction maybe that person will stick with it and make their life better.

Also if you are in a routine, why don’t you take this chance to change up your routine? It would defiantly benefit you.

America is the fattest country in the world, and Texas is one of the fattest states.
                              Last edited by Beej; 01-05-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I don't remember posting where I bitched anybody out?
                                Where did I post about bitching anyone out?

Comment

Working...
                                X