No announcement yet.

Gotta love people in the gym after new years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning at the gym was pretty ridiculous! I couldn't believe all the people in there.

On a good note- some guy thought I was a trainer and came up and started talking to me and asking for help... I was like..."uhhh, I dont know.. *pointed to a trainer* I'd go ask him."

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
      America is the fattest country in the world, and Texas is one of the fattest cities.
      Excellent.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
        Excellent.
        that is awesome!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

America is the fattest country in the world, and Texas is one of the fattest cities.

City ehhh

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
            City ehhh
            oops. on a rant and a make such a fragrent error. Thank you for putting me in my place.

Comment

1 Corpus Christi, TX
              3 El Paso, TX
              4 Dallas, TX
              7 San Antonio, TX
              9 Houston, TX

Comment

I don't know if these were newbies or not tonight, but it's the first time I saw them. Not sure if these girls were half asian half mexican or what, but they were definitely sisters...damn...so hot. No pics. I leave my phone in my locker when I work out. I have absolutely NO problem with them being there.

Comment

Longview Wins Fittest City in Texas Title Again
                  June 08, 2010 - 11:37am

News Release
                  lhill@LongviewTexas.gov
                  903-237-1392
                  June 8, 2010
                  Longview Wins “Fittest City in Texas” Title Again

(Longview, TX) For the second consecutive year, the City of Longview has been named the “Fittest City in Texas” for the 20,000 – 99,999 population range in the Texas Round-Up Governor’s Challenge. In addition to the city challenge category, the Longview community won more than 20 additional awards in the categories of school, service organizations, corporate challenge, municipal organizations, fitness clubs and family challenge.

Longview’s Get Fit Challenge winners will be honored at a recognition ceremony scheduled for 10:00 a.m., Thursday, June 10, at the Good Shepherd Institute for Healthy Living, 611 Hawkins Parkway. At the ceremony, Mayor Jay Dean will recognize the efforts of participants and present awards.

The purpose of the Fitness Challenge is to encourage adults to exercise 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. For children, the challenge is to exercise 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

According to Mayor Jay Dean, “We realize that obesity is a serious issue for our community, state, and nation, which is why it is encouraging to see so many Longview residents participating in the fitness challenge. As a community, we need to continually be dedicated to healthy, active lifestyles.”
                  Must have been graded on the curve, considering I'm here.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    Must have been graded on the curve, considering I'm here.

Stevo
                    I would've given it to San Marcos or another college oriented town.

Comment

The attitude like this is also why some people don't feel welcome at a gym.

Ya its a little more crowded. Be patient and be kind. No sense in getting your Panties in a wad.
                      The reason we have an attitude with resolutioners is because we know theyre gonna quit soon. It has nothing to do with being new. I hate it when my workout gets screwed up two months out of the year because a bunch of soon to be quitters felt obligated to join because of a stupid date.

I you really wanted to join you'd do so before the end/beginning o a year. The sudden influx of people screws up flows and workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        Branch Warren always used to wear a shirt that said...

"Yo Faggot" on the front of it.
                        "Quit talking to me while I'm training" on the back of it.

It used to crack me up seeing people's reactions to it!
                        That's a shirt from Mark Hanlon's Southlake Fitness Center back in the day....RIP.
                        BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                        BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                        Fernando Perez
                        Alijandra Perez
                        Mesquite, Texas
                        214-680-1415

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          Do they actually verbalize what they are thinking to you or is this a way to flatter yourself in thinking everyone wants to be just like you?
                          You'll find if you are in a gym actually sweating that people don't verbalize they just leave you alone.

Comment

only thing i dislike is when your using a weight bench...get up to grab a drink from the water fountain..come back and some dude is on it does one set of something then acts like your weight chalk, straps and belt are not laying next to it with my weights/dumb bells on it......that kinda stuff aggrivates me.

Comment

Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
                              That's a shirt from Mark Hanlon's Southlake Fitness Center back in the day....RIP.
                              Yup, RIP...never met Mark, but from what I heard, he is who made Branch who he is today.
                              I have heard nothing but good things about Mark.

He also trained a very good friend of mine right after he won Mr. Kentucky back in his day at the old Stroud's:

Comment

oops. on a rant and a make such a fragrent error. Thank you for putting me in my place.
                                Pe-ew!

Comment

Working...
                                X