Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      lol at someone name dropping a server or manager at Bob's then saying Del Frisco's is too uppity.
      What the fuck does recommending a server have to do with a place being too uppity? Do you know what uppity means, Geof?

Del Frisco's is uppity. A bunch of snooty, entitled, brats; servers included. I've yet to have a good experience there. Everyone (servers included) seems to look down on other people.

Bob's is laid back. I can walk in wearing jeans, and feel comfortable. I can get a little loud, and not feel a hole being stared through me. I simply told him who to ask for, should he go there. That server has been there since they opened (one of very few left), and is one of, if not the best server on the staff. He is also a steak and wine guy, knows his shit, and won't steer anyone wrong. So tell me again, what does making a recommendation have to do with being uppity? I suppose if I made a recommendation on what steak to order, that's uppity too? Dumbass.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        What the fuck does recommending a server have to do with a place being too uppity? Do you know what uppity means, Geof?

Del Frisco's is uppity. A bunch of snooty, entitled, brats; servers included. I've yet to have a good experience there. Everyone (servers included) seems to look down on other people.

Bob's is laid back. I can walk in wearing jeans, and feel comfortable. I can get a little loud, and not feel a hole being stared through me. I simply told him who to ask for, should he go there. That server has been there since they opened (one of very few left), and is one of, if not the best server on the staff. He is also a steak and wine guy, knows his shit, and won't steer anyone wrong. So tell me again, what does making a recommendation have to do with being uppity? I suppose if I made a recommendation on what steak to order, that's uppity too? Dumbass.
        Means you probably go there more often in a year than most will go in their lives. And everyone knows to get the milk steak. Dumbass.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

my favorites are bob's and nick & sam's...they're both excellent.

Comment

Means you probably go there more often in a year than most will go in their lives.
            Probably, but what does that have to do with anything? If I thought Del Frisco's, III Forks, Chamberlain's, or any of the others had better food and a better experience, I'd be in those places instead.

I'm just a lucky schmuck that is fortunate enough to eat these types of meals on the company's dime. Though every time I eat there, isn't paid for by my company. Haven't figured out a way to make them cover my wife's birthday and anniversary dinners.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
              nick & sam's...they're both excellent.
              The thing that rocks about N&S is the complimentary caviar. Mmmmm, mmmmm, bitch!

Comment

Means you probably go there more often in a year than most will go in their lives.
                Which quite frankly is exactly who I'd want to give some input....

BTW - WTF is the "milk steak"?

<-- must be a dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  BTW - WTF is the "milk steak"?

<-- must be a dumbass
                  It's from a tv show, Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Comment

FWIW, I agree with Brent that the atmosphere in Bob's is less "uppity" than Del Friscos, though we do like Del Friscos. We have only been to Bob's once but Jeremy was a great server, made some good recommendations, and even comp'd us a dessert.

Comment

For a date I recommend the Waffle House. Make her pay.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        For a date I recommend the Waffle House. Make her pay.
                        Awful Waffle is taking reservations for candlelit dinners on Valentine's Day. Yes, I'm totally serious. Thinking about taking the soon to be ex just on principle alone.

Comment

I think I've mentioned this before but Chamberlain's is my personal favorite. I almost always get their 40 day aged. Nick & Sam's is a very close second.
                          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I have been to all of them from III Forks to the Palm, still to this day one of the best steaks I have had was at Culpeppers in Rockwall.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Awful Waffle is taking reservations for candlelit dinners on Valentine's Day. Yes, I'm totally serious. Thinking about taking the soon to be ex just on principle alone.
                              Looks like we are shit out of luck. Only one doing it in Texas is in Conroe. I have actually/sadly ate at that one....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                                Looks like we are shit out of luck. Only one doing it in Texas is in Conroe. I have actually/sadly ate at that one....

I see your actually/sadly and raise you a PI at a waffle house where the cop actually wrote "Waffle House" in the section of the ticket marked location.

FYI do not go to Waffle House in Hudson Oaks if you have been drinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X