Sprint car build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
    Subscribed. Who built the chassis? What will this weight when turn-key?
    This car is a j&j, it has to weigh 1575 with me in it after the race.

Comment

Originally posted by WesB View Post
      He knows what I was talking about, and trust me I understand the maintenance on them as I have been a mechanic on one for the last two years.
      Right on.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Well ktm300hater the old "turd" has not been out of my garage in a couple of year due to some electrical and or ignition problems. Will try and dig up some photos, it was a low budget build when I lived in Waco. My goal was a mid 12 sec bracket car under 3 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          This car is a j&j, it has to weigh 1575 with me in it after the race.
          So as big as you are the car only needs to have a race weight of 1000 without you in it. That should be easy to accomplish.
          I love heckling this thread!

Comment

I'm liking this thread. Needs more jesus though. WWJD sticker for sprint car on order.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

How much power will be in that thing when you're ready to go?

mardyn

Comment

about 450hp out of a 305, 750 for a 360ci motor and about 850-900 for a 410. There are guys out there claiming almost 600 hp out of a 350 but the motors are close to $25k.

Comment

about 450hp out of a 305, 750 for a 360ci motor and about 850-900 for a 410. There are guys out there claiming almost 600 hp out of a 350 but the motors are close to $25k.
                  I wouldn't be too surprised if the engines make in the neighborhood of 530-550 at the crank, but nowhere near that at the wheels. The most I've heard about from anyone was in the low 460's.

Mardyn, my shit is slow, it made 392/365 at the tires when it was fresh, but camshaft technology for these engines has advanced and I build this thing to last vs it being set on kill, that's why it hasn't needed to be freshened up since 2006. Changed the valve springs once a season, rolled new bearings in the bottom end because I lost oil pressure due to a broken pump, and that's it. Luckily I caught it before it spun a bearing.

Comment

Here's a shot of it as it sits this very moment, I'm working on writing more build posts while at work. I'm too busy building the car at home! Lol

Comment

You ever going to get a new top wing? I think you've had that same bent up wing as long as I have known you.

Comment

Nice build but who's tubbed out square body is that in the first photo?

Comment

the 305's that make north of 500, stuff a piston thru a cylinder wall on their first night out typically. Come see us at TMS, my driver is running an ASCS car for the first time since he was 15 lol, should be entertaining.
                          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Damn, that's a real nice "backyard" build. Or shall I say front yard, lol.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

You ever going to get a new top wing? I think you've had that same bent up wing as long as I have known you.
                              No, this one still works just fine, and I've got to spend money other places than to spend close to a grand to make it look nicer.
                              Originally posted by MILK View Post
                              Nice build but who's tubbed out square body is that in the first photo?
                              It's one of my coworkers.
                              Originally posted by Grape View Post
                              the 305's that make north of 500, stuff a piston thru a cylinder wall on their first night out typically. Come see us at TMS, my driver is running an ASCS car for the first time since he was 15 lol, should be entertaining.
                              Who is it, and how old are they now?

Comment

Also, can we take the shit off of the four eye hood and place it on the tailgate of the Ranger!
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X