No announcement yet.

Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do look great, and I do like them. The website says up to a 36" waist but I'm a 33" waist and they are very snug. They do sit just slightly taller than I'd like but they have about a 1/4" or so washer/spacer that you install on them that I'm considering changing out for a few thin washers. If you have a 90-93 like me with the no-tilt airbag wheel, it does become challenging to get in and out of them with the tall leg bolsters, but I've got a tilt column to swap in at some point so it won't be a big deal. They are much firmer than the marshmellow seats I had in there, but I haven't driven it yet to say how they feel while moving. I wouldn't want to drive them across the state, but I'm sure for a weekend car it'll be no big deal. For the money, I'm very happy.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I got my SVE CAI installed this morning, I do like the black look they've gone with on it and for $65 or so I have no complaints, and it gets my filter into the fenderwell. I'm sure I'll have to get different silicone when I get a bigger MAF and TB though. My engine bay is filthy and I plan to clean it up this summer, but it's too damn cold for that right now.

Stevo

Comment

Stupid snow... The brown truck was supposed to deliver my MM full length subframe connectors, FMS spark plug wires, and distributor spout. The good news is, I did get my full MM coil over kit ordered today and should have it by next week. I went with the Koni SA all the way around, MM C/C plates, and the MM coil over kit for front and rear. MM recommended keeping the stock IRS rear sway bar, and the front 1.3" (33mm) sway bar that was stock on 85-93 V8 mustangs. Mine still has the stock 4 banger sway bar which is like 15/16". I'll post up pics as soon as I get the parts.

Stevo

Comment

Well, the weather sucks for doing stuff today, so I kept the heaters on in the garage overnight and worked out there most of the day today. I got the H-Pipe off and measured into a template, then cut it and welded in the cats as I'm tired of smelling like exhaust when I drive it, and it's got less than 250 HP so who cares that it has cats. Hopefully I can have it installed and running tonight, but I'm off to do the family dinner thing.

Stevo

Comment

I'm about to put cats back on mine in the same manner.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I got it all buttoned back up this morning and fired it up, runs nice and smooth with the perfect flowmaster sound a fox should have... No leaks, and best of all, no more budussy smelling exhaust. The interior is even quieter now, very happy with this overall and wasn't too hard. In fact it would have been a lot simpler if my Mitre saw had been in my garage instead of at my dad's house. I had to cut the pipe with a 4.5" metal cutting disk on my angle grinder which was a bit of a PITA.

My favorite thing about the flowmaster cats (got them from LMR) is that they slip right over the existing 2.5" H-pipe and are very easy to weld in place. If you're considering getting cats, I recommend these for sure.

Stevo

Comment

Well my Maximum Motorsports Koni Coilover kit arrived on Friday and I spent yesterday installing it. I still need to finish setting the ride height and it needs to be aligned as well but I think I'll go ahead and install the tilt column and wheel on it before I do all that just so it will be closer to done. Still left to do on the car overall is the driver's floor pan and then install the MM Full length SFC's that I got.

And if anyone is interested in a set of Eibach springs, tokico struts, bilstien shocks, and Mac CC plates let me know, I've got it all for sale hoping to sell it as a kit.

Anyways, here's some pics, but like I said still not done setting ride height.

Old rear setup:

New rear setup:

Old front setup:

New front setup:

And it desperately needs a bath!

Stevo

Comment

Looks good Nick .....

How does it handle ? Feel balanced now ?

Hector

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
                    Looks good Nick .....

How does it handle ? Feel balanced now ?

Hector
                    I haven't driven it yet, I still need to finish setting the ride height and install the nylon tipped set screw in the coilovers before I can get it all aligned. I would have done all that yesterday but wanted to spend time with my boys and rest after that. I've also got the dash somewhat torn apart to fix a few rattles in there, and I've got a tilt column and wheel that I need to install as well. Hopefully I can get that stuff finished up today and possibly get it aligned tomorrow or Wednesday.

Stevo

Comment

if you already have the dash out, or partially out, might be a good idea to put a new heater core in.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        if you already have the dash out, or partially out, might be a good idea to put a new heater core in.
                        If I was that far in it I would for sure, but really I've only got the cluster part torn down. The cluster shroud where it screws into the dash near the windshield had broken away and rattled so I'm fixing the mounting points to secure it back in place. The heater still works so I'm not gonna tear that far into it yet, I just want to drive the damn thing regularly and I'm so close to being able to do that.

Stevo

Comment

Well I got the ride height all set last night and swapped my steering wheel for the tilt column and wheel. I drove the car around the block this morning and man it feels 100% more solid now! Hopefully I can get an alignment this afternoon and wash it.

Stevo

Comment

Congrats on getting this far. It is definitely driving season!
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm curious as to the improvement going to coilovers as well. I've got a full MM setup minus the CO's but I've been itching to switch.

Comment

Thanks guys, I tried to get it alinged this afternoon but the guy couldn't get it up on the rack, said it was too low. I've got an appointment Friday at 11am for it now at the place I had it done last time where the rack is recessed into the floor so my car won't be too low to get on it. I did manage to wash it today though.

Last edited by bird_dog0347; 03-11-2015, 04:24 PM.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X