No announcement yet.

Big Altima Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a ‘19 2500 Ram gasser and it’s been the best damned truck I’ve ever owned. I’ve had various year F150s that were garbage with less miles. Had a Duramax and while it didn’t have any issues, it felt very cheap. All manufacturers have their issues. It’s pretty random.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      I've got 80k miles on my 15 Mustang GT and 60k on my 19 Ranger. Both first years and neither one had any warranty work or spent any time in the shop. When I was at Nissan as a parts guy we saw eleventeen million CVT transmissions shit the bed. I easily sold 12 a week. Then there was the sun visors, shiters, washer bottles, and on. The only Nissans I saw that was worth a damn was the trucks. Altima's, Jukes, and now the Kicks, where trash cars.
      Versa, Rogue, and Murano. I had a 2010 Nissan Titan, finally had blend door go out. If it had been 4x4 it would have been a keeper, I finally sold it two years ago, that guy loves it, I see him occasionally. Hell they even did a recall on it a couple of years ago and gave me a new rental for a couple of days.

Come to think of it, the ole Visor on the Versa needed replaced, but she had a fucking crown air freshener on it. Poor bastard. They also pushed the warranty out to 120k on the CVT's that were having issues. We loved that car. I did get in a used Juke one day that was a year old and the armrest was broke off, and there were a couple of other issues. Maybe I have just done well picking the model. Only thing I will buy her is Nissan/Infinity, and Yota.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        And you based this on? I have bought my wife 3 in the last 13 years brand new. Not once in the shop. Her Murano Platinum is the most comfortable car I have ever sat in, we take it to Michigan every year. I have seen two 50k Lincolns loose their tranny at 80k in the last couple of years. Brand new Dodges with all sorts of issues. One of my guys lost a bet recently, I told him his brand new Ram 2500 would be in the shop before my 97 Powerstroke, three times now his shit has been in the shop. Another guy has a new Ford, the throttle body shit the bed not long after he got it. I will take a Nissan over anything else these days. I drive old reliable shit, she gets the new stuff.
        I think the brand you mean is Toyota. But I based it on all kinds of stuff. Mainly knowing people who worked for nissan, and looking out and seeing who drives them. Kinda like dodge trucks. I've known a tech and a service rep. They hate the cars. Tech said it's easily the worst brand out there. Even lesser than BMW, and that's saying a lot.

The cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. And I've learned my lesson, being cheap is expensive. I think you're getting lucky. But do you sell them all before 120k miles? They don't last much longer than that before they need big help. I'll never buy nissan and always recomemnd everyone stay far away. Just like with dodge. Things could change, sure. Sometimes they do. But I kinda doubt nissan will become honda or toyota. Known for super reliability. With honda and toyota, that reputation is well earned.
        WH

Comment

If I remember correctly Honda has had some issues in the last decade also. So, maybe Toyota. And actually I think they ran the warranty on the Versa trannny out to 240k. From what I understand they just toss them and throw in a new. Sounds good to me. My buddy spent 4500 rebuilding his Lincoln on and it ended up back in the shop twice. Apparently that tranny is used across several platforms and companies and has some major issues. Holy shit did you say BMW. Hell to the no, and I own one.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            If I remember correctly Honda has had some issues in the last decade also. So, maybe Toyota. And actually I think they ran the warranty on the Versa trannny out to 240k. From what I understand they just toss them and throw in a new. Sounds good to me. My buddy spent 4500 rebuilding his Lincoln on and it ended up back in the shop twice. Apparently that tranny is used across several platforms and companies and has some major issues. Holy shit did you say BMW. Hell to the no, and I own one.
            Oh Honda and Toyota absolutely have had their problems.

2.4L i4 had its headbolts loosen and separate come off in 2004-2006 models
            1998ish area Corolla engines burned more oil than gas due to oil drain holes on the pistons

2007-2009 Camry's had the same problem...which is dumb as they should have learned from the Corollas

2006 era Honda Civic transmissions were trash and died before 100K
            2009-2011 Acura (Honda) MDX had oil consumption issues and defective blue tooth modules that would drain the battery with no warning - stranding you.
            2011+ Scion tC's (2 door camrys) had the input shaft bearing failure in all of their 6MT transmissions

But overall, their issues were limited, fixed by Toyota/Honda and (generally) fixed in the next model year.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

2.4L i4 had its headbolts loosen and separate come off in 2004-2006 models
              1998ish area Corolla engines burned more oil than gas due to oil drain holes on the pistons

2007-2009 Camry's had the same problem...which is dumb as they should have learned from the Corollas

2006 era Honda Civic transmissions were trash and died before 100K
              2009-2011 Acura (Honda) MDX had oil consumption issues and defective blue tooth modules that would drain the battery with no warning - stranding you.
              2011+ Scion tC's (2 door camrys) had the input shaft bearing failure in all of their 6MT transmissions

But overall, their issues were limited, fixed by Toyota/Honda and (generally) fixed in the next model year.
              I know Honda had a lot of AC issues also for a long while. I think compressors specifically, may have been the 06 era also.

Hell, Miatas were bulletproof for decades. Take em to the track and beat them like mules. 16-19, they were a little to light in the transmissions and guys were blowing them up just daily driving, well the standards that is. I am not a brand specific guy, they all have problems, some just a lot less then others. I just take exception with Nissan comments because I have owned them for close to two decades and almost zero issues. I will replace a visor all day if my engine doesn't shit the bed.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                The best of anything and everything has had it's problems.

And then you've got things like Nissan.
                WH

Comment

My youngest son had a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder given to him. 200K miles. Engine,Body and interior are great, but the tranny failed. They want more for the tranny than what the vehicle is worth!
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

The most idiot cars I see driving and try to avoid most are first Dodge chargers/300 and then next are challengers. Always, especially on the highway, these drivers suck.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                      The most idiot cars I see driving and try to avoid most are first Dodge chargers/300 and then next are challengers. Always, especially on the highway, these drivers suck.

CN
                      thats your basic $25k base model with 25% interest for 72 months with a dealer installed lowjack vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        thats your basic $25k base model with 25% interest for 72 months with a dealer installed lowjack vibe.
                        I live in the land where these are king now. The biggest dealership here is Mak Haik?.. I get to see these clowns in their LX?s and Nissan?s daily. The good news is most of my commute is rural roads away from these?. But I-20 is f?n nuts.

Comment

Edit: Iirc, I stole this from a DFW member that I'm friends with on FB.
                          Last edited by Tx Redneck; 12-29-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

ahahahaha!
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by tx redneck View Post

edit: Iirc, i stole this from a dfw member that i'm friends with on fb.
                              lmfao!
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Hate fucking Altimas. Their drivers are of a very special breed. Skills of a Prius driver, thought patterns of a Hellcat driver. I had a neat video I took down from Youtube after I realized I didnt blur the rear cameras speed display. Had a bitch in a new Altima almost cause a van to wreck then a Caddy by merging in front of them with no more than 3". Then it was my turn. I was in the passing lane passing a rig and doing nearly triple digits (was in my Sierra). This bitch dives in front and if i didnt slam the brakes I would have pitted her. I like my truck. Most Nissan drivers dont have insurance. I honk, she brake checks and then guns it. Me being a small dick male get angered so rage a bit. We pass the rig and I get center lane beside her and see 127 is her flank speed. Give her the one finger salute, punch it and fly off. I was dumb but man these Altimas every day on the highway... they all drive the same!
                                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                                X