Tire slime: Whats your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire slime: Whats your opinion?

What is your opinion on using that tire slime stuff to pre-empt leaks? I have a lot of tires in mind that I'd like to be able to stop leaks on. Bicycle tires, automobile tires, two-wheel dolly tires, etc etc. I know that the guys at the tire shop hate the stuff, but I really don't care what they hate. Is there anything wrong with using it? Is it capable of somehow... I don't know... throwing off the balance of an automotive tire? Like perhaps if you used too much? Are there any disadvantages to using it on smaller stuff?

I've used it with really good success on MTB tires in Iraq. The only thing I sort of noticed on a MTB is it seems to be a little heavy (it's thick). I used it to help make sure I did not get stuck walking miles over there with a jacked up tire. Had little problems after using it.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

we have the green slime in our hunting buggies.. its seems to be working... we have a few mesquite trees and a LOT of cactus. Neither of these are driven on the street
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

It's good for stuff that tends to be prone to leaking, like bike and dolly tires. But don't use it in anything that needs to be balanced.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

This is probly me thinking too much, but what if you balanced the tire with the slime stuff already in it? It would be nice to be able to have that stuff in an automotive tire if possible.

Comment

What if you just melted the tire down to a liquid and stirred in the slime with a mixed out of the kitchen. Then put it in a giant cake molding of some sort to let it solidify. Then had it balanced

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
              This is probly me thinking too much, but what if you balanced the tire with the slime stuff already in it? It would be nice to be able to have that stuff in an automotive tire if possible.
              Fluid dynamics isn't your strongest subject, is it?
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Yet another failed IQ test is on the books .
                The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

um yeah, that would work great as long as you point your finger and tell the slime to stay in one spot. Another post for the Stray idea thread?

The stuff works good in tubes but not so well in tubeless tires.

Comment

Always ran it in my ATV tires with good luck but wouldnt use it in tires that are balanced as mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by slostang281 View Post
                      um yeah, that would work great as long as you point your finger and tell the slime to stay in one spot. Another post for the Stray idea thread?

The stuff works good in tubes but not so well in tubeless tires.
                      You're so stupid you never even understood that thread lol. The dumb is strong in this thread. I guess you guys aren't familiar with modern tire balancing equipment. At all. So piss off. I come here to talk to those who actually know what they're talking about. Not you dollar store clerks.

Comment

a liquid or fluid object in a tire will automatically balance itself. That's assuming it doesn't have excessive or uneven friction.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Not according to these guys lol

Comment

I used to work at discount tire and the reason were hate the stuff its because it gets over everything when you break the tire down! However I have seen it start eating rims but they were steel rims. I wouldn't use it simply for that reason! The only way it can throw off the balance is if you glue a can our box full on one side. Other than that a liquid will not affect the balance enough to ever notice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Comment

You're so stupid you never even understood that thread lol. The dumb is strong in this thread. I guess you guys aren't familiar with modern tire balancing equipment. At all. So piss off. I come here to talk to those who actually know what they're talking about. Not you dollar store clerks.
                              You're absolutely correct about the dumb being strong in this thread, it's you. Modern balancers are going to give the same outcome as the first type of balancers. They're never going to balance a tire with slime, fixaflat, etc because the product does not stay in place. It will never distribute itself evenly. I have dealt with that stuff more times than I would like working in dealerships and having to work on cars because there was a vibration due to tires not being balanced. Now, I will go out of my league and actually talk about something I don't know shit about and suggest you to go to MHMR to see if they can help you. I don't know if MHMR can really help you or not but they will point you to the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X