Batten down the hatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batten down the hatches

Looks like it's about to get nasty weather wise in North Texas.

Don’t send that shit East please.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Don?t send that shit East please.
      I don't want it here!

Comment

Am I the only one not really phased by it? I feel like every spring the first big storm and everyone acts like it's never happened before.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          Am I the only one not really phased by it? I feel like every spring the first big storm and everyone acts like it's never happened before.
          Yes, that and Metroplex area is so big that what is hitting in Ft. Worth, Dallas, Denton, Mesquite may not hit here in Collin County. And it's just not spring either, it can be at any time. Remember a few years ago we had tornados close to Christmas time.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It just hit my house on the Little Elm/Frisco border and the wind has been the worst part so far. I'd guess 60-70mph from how it seems in my house. My next door neighbor used to have a trampoline in his yard, it went through mine and who knows where at this point, hell it might be on my roof.

Stevo

Comment

Found the trampoline (west neighbor's) this morning, it's on the far side of my east neighbor's yard and took out two fence pickets as it went up and over and seems to have made the fence lean a bit where the post is as it went over. Other than that the house looks ok.

Stevo

Comment

Lewisville got it's ass kicked. we have a few damaged boats, a downed tree, the sign on our building was ripped off and a transformer blew up. Pear 121 got trashed. I heard there was some missing people too. Going to be a busy day for me with all those damaged boats too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  Lewisville got it's ass kicked. we have a few damaged boats, a downed tree, the sign on our building was ripped off and a transformer blew up. Pear 121 got trashed. I heard there was some missing people too. Going to be a busy day for me with all those damaged boats too.
                  My wife was showing me video of P121 last night and some of those docks are destroyed!

I always wondered, if those were customer boats in for service and got damaged while on the dealer's property in their care... who's insurance is taking care of that? The dealer or the owner?

Stevo

Comment

My wife was showing me video of P121 last night and some of those docks are destroyed!

I always wondered, if those were customer boats in for service and got damaged while on the dealer's property in their care... who's insurance is taking care of that? The dealer or the owner?
                    technically we are not liable for anything that happens to them, but we are also not pieces of shit and care about our customers. One boat hit was a customer's, the other is boat we own. funny part is the tree that came down is the one the city wouldn't let us cut down.

Comment

we got allot of freaking rain but that was it

Comment

A lot of wind and rain, a few trampolines and kids jungle gyms got taken down, along with a few rogue trash cans were seen tumbling down the street. Other than that no real damage in Allen/Parker...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

You say that until it hits home. I went thru the 2019 tornado and good and bad experience.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            You say that until it hits home. I went thru the 2019 tornado and good and bad experience.
                            I know it's different when it's your stuff, but honestly if you get worried when the alerts go out but don't already have a plan to execute then it doesn't matter. Also, shy of a storm shelter a tornado doesn't give a fuck and will ruin whatever is in it's path.

I'm also of the mindset that the chances are sooooo low I get hit by that vs. driving a car and dying in a wreck that I just don't let it bother me.

Stevo

Comment

My mailbox post snapped at ground level (it was older), the grill cover blew off the grill (fairly tight fit) and the chimenea was knocked off the deck. Not too bad overall, several neighbors had actual damage. A Qwikcar lube near by had the entire front of the building blown off.

Comment

Working...
                              X