Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    lol @ your Daughters prom pic.

Man, if I were you, I'd start with the same type of block, but you have to beef it up.
    I'm curious if a 2.3l from a '15 and up EB will work? Thats what I would do and a decent tune too.

ps And you never know when a fellow DFWstanger is going to swing by, snap a pic...and not help, haha...
    the picture was her idea, she wanted to take a picture with the rally car. she's a hell of a kid, I don't like her growing up, but I'm pretty proud of who she's becoming.

the new ecoboost 2.3 is a rod tosser from what I hear. Yes I did just throw a rod in my lima, but of all the 2.3t's I've had this is the first time its happened, and I built this engine in 2008. So I'm thinking 15 years of 20+psi, and such may have led to her death. It will be sad to take it to the scrap yard, but she earned the retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post

the new ecoboost 2.3 is a rod tosser from what I hear. Yes I did just throw a rod in my lima, but of all the 2.3t's I've had this is the first time its happened, and I built this engine in 2008. So I'm thinking 15 years of 20+psi, and such may have led to her death. It will be sad to take it to the scrap yard, but she earned the retirement.
      She definitely didn't get her looks from you, lol. We've watched her grow up on this forum, helping you turn wrenches in the garage.

We have a '17 EB Stang and she has 60k on her, we bought it new and I've done all the oil changes (mobil1 Syn) and it has a K&N in the stock airbox, Injen IC and stock everwhere else, still running strong and getting 30+mpg. Just something to think about.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        She definitely didn't get her looks from you, lol. We've watched her grow up on this forum, helping you turn wrenches in the garage.

We have a '17 EB Stang and she has 60k on her, we bought it new and I've done all the oil changes (mobil1 Syn) and it has a K&N in the stock airbox, Injen IC and stock everwhere else, still running strong and getting 30+mpg. Just something to think about.
        I've heard when you start pushing them they don't like it.

Comment

I picked up a virgin 2.3t Sunday. I swore to it that this time will be different, I'm a changed man, I've hurt others before, but this one I'll treat right.

Comment

Whatcha gonna do to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              Whatcha gonna do to it?
              this one is getting cleaned up, painted and going in the truck. Once I make sure everything is working properly with the motor I'm pulling all the wiring and ditching the old ford ecu. I've got a full Ron Frances wiring harness and a Mega Squirt PIMP ecu going in. After I finish all that I'm hoping to be done with my other engine that will be my monster build. Then I'm hoping to just enjoy the truck and drive it until I'm to old to do this stuff anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X