Grills......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    Congrats, I've had mine for about 5 years now and still love it. You didn't mention which size you got, I've got the XL and went to a place in Denton called The Ceramic Grill store and bought their system for the inside. You can fit way more stuff in there and it's much easier and more adjustable than the BGE brand stuff. I HIGHLY recommend getting this setup for whatever size egg you got. The smokeware cap is also super handy if you are smoking something for lengthy periods of time and there is a possibility of bad weather. And the angle brackets make it easy to divide the charcoal into one side of the egg and be able to cook steaks over indirect heat slowly then sear the shit out of them when they are almost ready.

XL Woo Adjustable Rig Combo, the most versatile rack system for XL Big Green EGG. Go big on 3 levels; grill with tiered full and half grid capability; have unencumbered lump access smoking barbeque; set XL Big Green EGG grid at felt line; enjoy easy in and out with the Big Green EGG convEGGtor; bake pizza high in dome.

Fits Large and XL BGE; Tapered design for precise temperature control; Maintains vent settings, open or closed; 304 Stainless - All weather cap; Rust resistant.

The Ang-L Brackets fit the XL Big Green Egg?. The XL Ang-L Brackets are an alternative to the XL Lump Reducing Rings. The Brackets take a slightly different approach to managing lump in the xl firebox. With the Lump Reducing Rings, you shrink the overall diameter of the firebox. With the Ang-L Brackets, you partition t

I also have the BGE wooden table which is great, but not cheap, found mine used online from a dude who was moving out of state.
    I had that vent on my original joe it was a good upgrade but the classic ii is similar design

photo uploader for website

Mine is the kamado joe classic 2 large 18” It will do a 16 lb brisket in there

Likely the exact same size at the large BGE
    Last edited by Stephen; 01-15-2023, 05:57 PM.
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I cooked some chicken quarters with a dry rub last night and holy shit they were incredible. I did 280-290 temp hovered for about an hour and a half. They were so juicy and had the crispiest skin. Also the flavor was a mesquite smoky flavor, but not overpowering. Just right. I am a fan now of this thing.

Comment

You?re gonna love it
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I cooked some chicken quarters with a dry rub last night and holy shit they were incredible. I did 280-290 temp hovered for about an hour and a half. They were so juicy and had the crispiest skin. Also the flavor was a mesquite smoky flavor, but not overpowering. Just right. I am a fan now of this thing.
          Ceramic kamodos are so awesome. I?ve had mine about 8 years. The new outdoor kitchen arrives soon too. I will have an inset grill and rotisserie then as well. Oh and a gas pizza oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            Wife just got me a Big Green Egg for Christmas. I just picked it up today. Let the games begin! I need some tips as this is pretty new to me. I?m used to an old school Weber charcoal.
            Buy some Pecan and Cherry wood chunks from Academy. You can soak them in water but I don't. I cook with lump charcoal, and throw a piece or two in as I am warming it up, and right before I add meat. Works like a champ for adding flavor. Also get one of those big electric igniters. I put it in the center sticking straight up, then add my lump, plug it in, mad fire in 10 minutes usually. I put a plug on my patio next to the BGE just for this purpose.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              Buy some Pecan and Cherry wood chunks from Academy. You can soak them in water but I don't. I cook with lump charcoal, and throw a piece or two in as I am warming it up, and right before I add meat. Works like a champ for adding flavor. Also get one of those big electric igniters. I put it in the center sticking straight up, then add my lump, plug it in, mad fire in 10 minutes usually. I put a plug on my patio next to the BGE just for this purpose.
              I?ll have to look into those. As far as the igniter I?m ok with paper and a lighter. If it takes more time, oh well it?s just more beers for me.

Comment

Another Ceramic egg fan here - this one is on my list but can't bring myself to pay 250.00 for it yet -

Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller (Ceramic/Kamado Kit)
                WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                  Another Ceramic egg fan here - this one is on my list but can't bring myself to pay 250.00 for it yet -

After tinkering if found it easy to control temp

I leave a little less than a centimeter open at the bottom vent
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post

I never would have spent the money on a WiFi controller for my egg, BUT my wife bought me the Egg Genius for my brithday. HOLY CRAP, game changer. It is so nice to be able to reliably control the heat for long cooks and not have to baby sit it.
                    I like that it data "logs" your cooks too. That way if something was a little overdone, or dry, you can look at that cook and adjust.. Now if I could just get better at this Holley EFI data log stuff.

Comment

I've got one of the flame boss wifi controllers for my egg, but I only use it for long cooks on something like a pork butt or whatever. I use it even less now that I have a new offset smoker (my old one rusted out the firebox) as I prefer to use it for things like brisket, etc.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I did a brisket for the superbowl. Saturday at 9pm I started the grill, trimmed and seasoned it and threw It on the grill at 11 and passed out.. luck was on my side because I woke up at 7:30 and went to check temp and the point was exactly 195.. threw that bitch in the cooler and had it for lunch.. one of the best ones I?ve cooked so far!!

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X