Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL @ "KurrupT"!

And that welding job is the worst I have ever seen and I've seen some poor work. And I have never seen an SN95 SVT Cobra that butchered.

Though those '96-'98 Teksid aluminums blocks are built very well. Iirc they have 'squared hatching' on the intake valley, where as WAP (Windsor Ass. Plant) cast blocks have 'cross hatching' (looks like diamonds vs squares).
    Last edited by Rick Modena; 11-09-2022, 03:16 PM.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      LOL @ "KurrupT"!

And that welding job is the worst I have ever seen and I've seen some poor work. And I have never seen an SN95 SVT Cobra that butchered.

Though those '96-'98 Teksid aluminums blocks are built very well. Iirc they have 'squared hatching' on the intake valley, where as WAP (Windsor Ass. Plant) cast blocks have 'cross hatching' (looks like diamonds vs squares).
      You talking about the "welds" on the exhaust? If so, yeah, pretty terrible but not my problem anymore as the guy who bought the roller also threw in an extra $200 for the headers and H Pipe. I'll be getting new ceramic coated headers for it.

Kevin was planning this week to remove the intake, valve covers, oil pan, timing cover, and brackets to get them sand blasted and cleaned up to be good to go for new paint as well as all new gaskets to ensure no leaks.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        You talking about the "welds" on the exhaust? If so, yeah, pretty terrible but not my problem anymore as the guy who bought the roller also threw in an extra $200 for the headers and H Pipe. I'll be getting new ceramic coated headers for it.

Kevin was planning this week to remove the intake, valve covers, oil pan, timing cover, and brackets to get them sand blasted and cleaned up to be good to go for new paint as well as all new gaskets to ensure no leaks.
        Yes, I was talking about the h-pipe and headers. Great job in getting $200.00 for them, lol.

Also, good idea on the gasket set. It should come with them but the o-rings that go on the spark plug valleys but if they don't I'd get those for too for sure.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Been a while since I updated this, it's been a bunch of boring stuff blocking and sanding some of the body panels and getting them perfect. Getting the front bumper done with the Cobra insert to make it look like it was original and not cut and stuck on there. The top of it will also be closed in and look like a GT bumper cover from the top when you open the hood (can't tell a difference with hood closed). Pics from a while back while it was being worked on.

Anyway, after the shell got completely stripped and Kevin thought he got any/all rusted panels replaced he sent it out for media blast and discovered there was more rust in the passenger floor pan so I shipped him a passenger pan replacement from LMR which he managed to install and make it look better than factory. The car is officially rust free now, straight, and ready to start shaving the engine bay. The car, including the new floor pans has 5 fresh coats of epoxy primer.

Stevo

Comment

• Been a while since the last update, not a ton of new stuff to show as it's just a lot of the same... primer/sand/primer/sand/primer/sand but here's a couple of new ones showing how straight the door is and how nice the bumper is compared to the earlier pics. Almost ready to let them cure a few months for paint. Once all the body is ready to cure Kevin will start smoothing the engine bay and getting it in primer.

Stevo

Comment

• No pics to add at the moment, but here's the invoice notes from this week so lots of progress still being made.

Hours 15
              Installed T-roof conversion. Which includes 14 million rivets, 40 spots welds over my head,
              hammer and dolly of a pillars to line up posts, then ribbon sealer at every seam. Used sealant
              under edges for a water tight seal. Then started working roof front and back section to body.
              Now its time to start putting Frankenstein back together and set it all on gaps and lines.
              Coming next. Excited to finally have a car​

Stevo

Comment

• can't wait to see it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  can't wait to see it together.
                  You and me both man!

Stevo

Comment

• More work progressing on the engine bay, it's getting smoothed from the shock towers forward as well as above the pinch on the firewall. I also saw where LMR came out with their own tubular core support so I snagged that and it's got final install this week, Kevin still needs to mock up and install the mounts for the AC condenser though.

Stevo

Comment

• that lower rad support looks killer. I'm wanting to do the whole team z kit from in front of the strut towers forward on my rally car.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        that lower rad support looks killer. I'm wanting to do the whole team z kit from in front of the strut towers forward on my rally car.
                        The front bumper/crash bar is also the tubular one that LMR sells, it's just not on there or needed yet. I also love the clean look of the upper side where the radiator mounts and you can see the welded up quarter sized holes there, when the hood pops you'll only see a nice clean look! We just have to figure out what to do with the aftercooler tank that typically mounts in the battery area. Kevin is trying to convince me to ditch that setup and go with a traditional bumper intercooler setup but I always loved the look of the aftercooler (assuming the mess can be hidden).

Stevo

Comment

• Long time no update but pics of primer being sanded flat all look the same.... That said, Kevin text me earlier and said the car had been wheeled out of the bay and will be ready for at least a few pics shortly showing it all back together as a "complete" shell in primer. Not sure if the associated panels like hood, fenders, bumpers will be on it to set gaps or not but I hope to have a pic or two that I can share in the coming weeks.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                          X