Outdoor speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor speakers

Has anyone set up wireless outdoor speakers?

I'm looking for something that doesn't require an amp and will play via bluetooth. Our patio is 15x20 so it is a fairly large space. I am regretting not running some speaker wire during construction.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Costco, karaoke, blue tooth, AM /FM amp. Plus it will save a charge and run stuff when not plugged up. I have speakers back there but unhooked them a while ago.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Costco, karaoke, blue tooth, AM /FM amp. Plus it will save a charge and run stuff when not plugged up. I have speakers back there but unhooked them a while ago.
      I'm hoping to find something 110v and bluetooth in a small package (speakers only) I have power on both corners of the patio in the soffits

Comment

Similar to you but different, I’m wanting to run speakers for our new patio but mainly for the TV. I might have to spend a few bucks on an amp in my situation though.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          Similar to you but different, I’m wanting to run speakers for our new patio but mainly for the TV. I might have to spend a few bucks on an amp in my situation though.
          I may end up doing the same. I had a TV drop ran above the door when the house was roughed. I'm not sure if I have access ro that area or not now. I am regretting having them run coax insyead of cat6. I have more use for an accesspoint there, than I do a coax cable. I may end up usingvthe coax to pull cat6 and speaker wire through the wall

Comment

If it were me I would prefer a couple good rechargeable bluetooth speakers that can be linked. Then you can use them anywhere, not just the back yard.

I got the Bose Soundlink + as an anniversary gift from my previous employer and have been really happy with it:

Comment

make sure you get really loud ones to annoy the fuck out of your neighbors! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                I may end up doing the same. I had a TV drop ran above the door when the house was roughed. I'm not sure if I have access ro that area or not now. I am regretting having them run coax insyead of cat6. I have more use for an accesspoint there, than I do a coax cable. I may end up usingvthe coax to pull cat6 and speaker wire through the wall

We redid our patio this time last year. Got a new TV for the den and moved an old 60" Sharp to the patio. Plugged in a roku and this soundbar that I picked up on sale for under $100. I actually bought 4 speakers and 2 amps to power them as we are recovering the ceiling out there. I haven't touched them because this sounds perfect. I bluetooth the phone for music and then stream TV and movies through the stick. The sound is awesome. They offer it without the sub too.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  I run these in some of my work setups. I daisy chain them together. I have two of them plus 4 speakers to install on my patio with a bluetooth add on and a volume control, but I haven't yet as I posted above because I like the soundbar. These work great though. I have the 100W ones.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    make sure you get really loud ones to annoy the fuck out of your neighbors! hahaha
                    We are on acre lots, there is zero landscaping, no trees. EVERYTHING echoes out herw [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      If it were me I would prefer a couple good rechargeable bluetooth speakers that can be linked. Then you can use them anywhere, not just the back yard.

I got the Bose Soundlink + as an anniversary gift from my previous employer and have been really happy with it:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-so...?skuId=5722720
                      But that requires me to remember to charge them! [emoji1787][emoji1787] I would be the guy whose speakers are dead everytime you want to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        We redid our patio this time last year. Got a new TV for the den and moved an old 60" Sharp to the patio. Plugged in a roku and this soundbar that I picked up on sale for under $100. I actually bought 4 speakers and 2 amps to power them as we are recovering the ceiling out there. I haven't touched them because this sounds perfect. I bluetooth the phone for music and then stream TV and movies through the stick. The sound is awesome. They offer it without the sub too.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38037
                        That isn't a bad idea. How is that TV holding up outside? I could probably come out the same, or a but more, putting up a TV and adding a soundbar

Comment

That isn't a bad idea. How is that TV holding up outside? I could probably come out the same, or a but more, putting up a TV and adding a soundbar

The TV was old (not a smart TV thus the Roku). It's barely under the patio cover and in "cabinet" I built from some metal fence posts, my PGT fence brackets, some PTW to frame and then trimmed in cedar. It works fabulous. The power to the cabinet is switched from inside the house. When we go inside, we turn it off. I've had TV's outside for almost 15 years. They've always been under cover but have had rain blown on them, stood up to the cold, had birds build nests on them (that I remove), etc. The last 32" that was on the patio was still working great. I just took it down and moved to deer lease. Text me if you want a pic of our setup. I'm about to go out and chill there now.

Comment

But that requires me to remember to charge them! [emoji1787][emoji1787] I would be the guy whose speakers are dead everytime you want to use them.

Just store them sitting on these: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-so...?skuId=5722716

Comment

At our previous house I ran a Sonos wireless amp in the laundry room, which allowed me to run speaker wires through one exterior wall, and mount the outdoor speakers of my choice under the pergola. You could probably mount the amp outside in some sort of sealed container, though I would wonder about longevity, and drilling the hole was easy enough. Sound quality is as good as the speakers you buy, without having to fuss with charging or moving a lackluster sounding BT speaker. This also allowed me to make it one more zone in the whole-house set up, easily accessed on a cell phone.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X