Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
    Last Monday I grabbed 335 without straps. This Monday I attempted 355 with straps and failed. Shooting for 4 plates on my birthday.
    Last week was my best week yet. Hit 345 no straps and rode 80 miles. Then the bad came... I overextended my right Achilles tendon on a calf machine then rode on it hard. Some of the fibers are torn. Doctor says 6 weeks of no leg activity.

During that hard ride I was hustling on my road bike and the crank arm dropped off and I pedaled straight into the ground, jamming my big toe into the concrete. Had to have that drained yesterday there was a lot of fluid under the nail at the base. Chicken legs for life.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
      Last week was my best week yet. Hit 345 no straps and rode 80 miles. Then the bad came... I overextended my right Achilles tendon on a calf machine then rode on it hard. Some of the fibers are torn. Doctor says 6 weeks of no leg activity.

During that hard ride I was hustling on my road bike and the crank arm dropped off and I pedaled straight into the ground, jamming my big toe into the concrete. Had to have that drained yesterday there was a lot of fluid under the nail at the base. Chicken legs for life.
      Noooo... Dead lifts for life!
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Well I'm 4 years in at this point and maintaining at 228-232 so still down 110#. Still working on filling in the saggy areas and running a ton. Got my 1.5 mile in the 11:30 range and 2 mile run in the sub 16 minute range....not built as a runner so I'm happy with it lol. Lifts are solid, do a ton of dumbbell training and gains are slow and steady. Still keeping the training clean and take it a day at a time. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm keeping at it. Should have made the change in my early 20's, but at least I'm a skinny fat 35 year old :-)
        2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
          Well I'm 4 years in at this point and maintaining at 228-232 so still down 110#. Still working on filling in the saggy areas and running a ton. Got my 1.5 mile in the 11:30 range and 2 mile run in the sub 16 minute range....not built as a runner so I'm happy with it lol. Lifts are solid, do a ton of dumbbell training and gains are slow and steady. Still keeping the training clean and take it a day at a time. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm keeping at it. Should have made the change in my early 20's, but at least I'm a skinny fat 35 year old :-)
          You're a mountain of motivation. I've shown off your pics to a good number of people. Keep killing it, Justin!
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
            Well I'm 4 years in at this point and maintaining at 228-232 so still down 110#. Still working on filling in the saggy areas and running a ton. Got my 1.5 mile in the 11:30 range and 2 mile run in the sub 16 minute range....not built as a runner so I'm happy with it lol. Lifts are solid, do a ton of dumbbell training and gains are slow and steady. Still keeping the training clean and take it a day at a time. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm keeping at it. Should have made the change in my early 20's, but at least I'm a skinny fat 35 year old :-)
            Outstanding work man.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              You're a mountain of motivation. I've shown off your pics to a good number of people. Keep killing it, Justin!
              Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Outstanding work man.
              Thanks guys. It's easy taking it off, the hard work is not slipping back into old habits. If my lazy ass can accomplish such a feat, anyone can. True story!
              2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Pre Deployment, 217.
                Post Deployment 184.

Oct-March 4, I never weighed my while i was over there. Currently in a hotel in Europe and just weighed myself in the hotel gym. 6 days a week of weight training, very little cardio but i was walking 7 plus miles a day a work. Feeling great and looking great! But unlike the previous 4 deployments i plan to keep this training going.
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Just weighed in at 195. All diet.

Comment

• Down to 259..
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Got back down to 190 after getting there once and gaining some of it back due to a mass building cycle. This time I plan to keep cutting til I get to 180.

Edit (3/29) I barely hit 189 last week. I really need to dial in my eating by a lot! On a positive note, I'm maintaining 190ish and considering what I've been eating, that's a good thing. I really can't bring myself to do another Keto phase. I'm trying to do more HIIT on the elliptical.
                      Last edited by GeorgeG.; 03-29-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Down to 188lbs today.

3 inches off my waistline and the last notch on my belt before I need a smaller one. Need a new wardrobe stat. I feel the best I've felt since my 20s.

I have cut waaaaay back on refined sugars and only eat limited fruits, apples mostly. Diet is basically a loose version of Paleo, lots of chicken, turkey, fish, and beef along with vegetables and changed from olive oil to coconut oil to cook with.... and drinking more water!

I also very recently started basic exercises at the house. Air squats, lunges, push-ups, chin ups, etc., and also working on my flexibility/stretching (I think this has had the biggest impact in how I feel). It's amazing. A foam roller is a must too.

Summer is coming, how is everyone doing?

Comment

• I hit 151.6 on the scale yesterday morning. Lightest I've been in at least 6 years.
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

• That's awesome CWO! I tend to put off stretching but when I do it, I feel great afterwards. I too have been able to pull out the slimmer clothes that I grew out of a few years ago...good feeling for sure. Are you still on your TRT? Keep it up!

I finally dropped a little more. I'm down to 186 right now. If past experience repeats itself, I should hit 184 by Tuesday after my carb up this weekend. My average weight has been 199/200 for the most part, even hit 205 a couple of years ago.

Damn Don, that is light!

Comment

• Thanks man. I appreciate it, it was pretty difficult at first, but really did get easier once I started seeing and feeling results. It is truly a lifestyle change for my wife and I.

I am still on TRT, I just had labs done the other day. I should have the results later this evening. My last results were pretty high, so I'm hoping it dropped a tad, but we'll see. It was 1200 3 months ago. My doc really wants me to be closer to 1000, but he also said it depends on my red blood cell count, so that's really the number I'm looking forward to seeing. If it is too high he will probably drop my weekly dosage (.75ml/wk) he also suggested giving blood once every 3 months or so to aid with keeping the red cell count down. (I'm far from a doctor, but that's how I understood it anyway).

Stretching has been life changing for me, but I was probably one of the least flexible people on the planet. It is a wonder how I ever dressed myself in the morning. LOL It may not have had as big an impact for others as it did for me, but it's been awesome, and I will mention the foam roller once more because that has been a huge benefit as well and all you do is roll around on it... no good reason not to use it.

Keep going, it sounds like you are doing great yourself, congrats.

Don, what weight were you at the last time I saw you? Have you started up another cycle?

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                                Don, what weight were you at the last time I saw you? Have you started up another cycle?
                                165-167ish at the whisky GTG.

Cycle?
                                dont downshift!!

Comment

Working...
                                X