No announcement yet.

Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technically I can start driving that week, so maybe I can make it! I would have to take it easy, don't want the new kidney bouncing around!

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Let’s make it happen!
      Swapping in Delta Joints tonight in place of the Icon uniballs on the 4runner. Have to put an oil cooler on the Raptor too. I have 2 down vehicles right now but should have them both fixed by then. If the Raptor is still down I dont want to possibly tear the 4runner up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• I haven’t had mine off road yet but when I tested the four-wheel-drive, I was getting a clicking noise when turning so I think I may have a front CV joint going out. Will need to get that corrected before I can go wheeling.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
          I haven’t had mine off road yet but when I tested the four-wheel-drive, I was getting a clicking noise when turning so I think I may have a front CV joint going out. Will need to get that corrected before I can go wheeling.

David
          I dont know if that has a CV in the drive shaft, but make sure they dont just replace parts till they fix it.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I dont know if that has a CV in the drive shaft, but make sure they dont just replace parts till they fix it.
            Yeah that was my first thought. Ran into a guy at Sam’s one day and was discussing these vehicles and he said that he uses a place over off of 35 in Fort Worth. Looking for a Toyota mechanic I can trust.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              Yeah that was my first thought. Ran into a guy at Sam’s one day and was discussing these vehicles and he said that he uses a place over off of 35 in Fort Worth. Looking for a Toyota mechanic I can trust.

David
              I have never used them, but Tandem Offroad gets good reviews.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Went to order a set of sliders yesterday. The shipping was going to be $250 and take 3-4 weeks. Fug that.

Really wish I knew of a fab shop that has done these before, has time to knock them out quickly, and wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg. Baertrax in Dallas is great, and I've had several things done there, but they are extremely proud of their work. I really don't want to drop a small fortune on rock sliders.

Better yet, I wish I had the equipment and experience to make them myself.
                Try trendsetters. They do great work.
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                  Try trendsetters. They do great work.
                  At this point, I don't think I am going to have time to get anything done in TX. I leave on the 23rd, and have a million other things cram-packed into the time I have left. I've been talking with a fab guy up near Colorado Springs who really seems to get what I want, and makes me glad I didn't get the other kit. with this heavy pig of a truck, I'm probably going to go with some thick square tubing for the legs and main slider bar, and maybe just use round tube for the outer bar. It will be super tough, but it's also going to cost me a lot more than I was initially planning. Won't be done in April, either. Maybe this summer.

Comment

• So you're not gonna make it, I was hoping to come out and park under an tree and watch you guys climb shit...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      So you're not gonna make it, I was hoping to come out and park under an tree and watch you guys climb shit...
                      I’m still in for next Saturday. Just not getting rock sliders right now. Come on out!

Comment

• I'll be there if we don't go to Oklahoma! If I can't drive, Lyn will.

Henry, you can be the spotter for when we are driving between rocks and shit! Tell us to stop, turn, etc. to avoid damage. :-)

Comment

Anyone able to get out there Mar 16 or 17? It’s my last chance before I go back to CO, and my truck may never be back down here in TX.
                          I am out next weekend. We have family coming to stay with us.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                            I have never used them, but Tandem Offroad gets good reviews.

Just joined a North, Texas FJ forum and got a few people suggesting them as well. They are actually having a benefit for a friend of one of the members who might have had a motorcycle accident. Kind of a fund raiser. I may go out there tomorrow for a little bit talk to them.

David

Comment

• I'm ready for next weekend! Got my OHV sticker today, drove to the park and got it at the gate, then drove around a little (well, Lyn drove).

Comment

• So what time does everyone wanna meet Saturday?
                                What say we bring some grub along, and eat at the pavilion for lunch?
                                They are also on summer hours now, so stay open till 9:00 PM Saturday, and 7 PM Sundays

Comment

Working...
                                X