good gun pawn shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good gun pawn shops

any recommendations for pawn shops around the area that have a decent selection of firearms?

looking for a decent quaility o/u shotgun. trying to stay around $800 or less

I have been, and others who have shot it, impressed with the Yildiz that academy sells for about half that. Might take a look at one before you make your decision.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      I have been, and others who have shot it, impressed with the Yildiz that academy sells for about half that. Might take a look at one before you make your decision.
      i've seen those online. not bashing at all but idk guns that inexpensive always seem to worry me a bit. i plan to shoot thousands upon thousands yearly with my sporting clay shoots

how many rounds have you put through it? has the action smoothed up (i've read theyre pretty stiff) no auto-ejectors, correct?

Comment

Ive shot around 10 sporting clay rounds (so, 1000 there) plus a few hand thrown days. The action on mine was never tough, it has always been smooth. Ive had a couple of empty's stick in the hole when it is hot, depending on ammo.

To put that into perspective, it has been much more reliable than my remington 1100.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Texas Dollar Pawn & Gun.
          1000 N Hwy 78 Wylie, TX 75098
          (972) 429-5072

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
            Texas Dollar Pawn & Gun.
            1000 N Hwy 78 Wylie, TX 75098
            (972) 429-5072
            +1

I swing by there every friday. Chad is their best gun guy if you have questions and being able to set up an FFL transfer online is nice too.
            Jon

Comment

Under $800 should be super easy. See if you can't find a CZ.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                Under $800 should be super easy. See if you can't find a CZ.
                that's something that i'm looking for.

specifically a canvasback or redhead deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  Ive shot around 10 sporting clay rounds (so, 1000 there) plus a few hand thrown days. The action on mine was never tough, it has always been smooth. Ive had a couple of empty's stick in the hole when it is hot, depending on ammo.

To put that into perspective, it has been much more reliable than my remington 1100.
                  went up to academy for shits and giggles to handle a yildiz ME 12 o/u....really not a bad feeling gun.

quite light, nice walnut stock, decently smooth action that i'm sure will only get better after break in, and suprisingly, auto ejectors at that price point.

Comment

It should feel good. It's a knock-off superposed. I'd hold out for a CZ, minimum.

Comment

went ahead and purchased a bnib cz canvasback in 12ga for $650 shipped..

Comment

Nice!

Comment

hell yea. cant wait to bust some clay and break that bitch in for dove season

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                            +1

I swing by there every friday. Chad is their best gun guy if you have questions and being able to set up an FFL transfer online is nice too.
                            I've known Brian, and his brother Justin for 15 or so years. Good family business.

Comment

Friends and I had good luck a few times here....

S&R Sales (Pawn Shop)
                              12009 Lake June Rd Mesquite, TX 75180

Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X