No announcement yet.

Sidearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vaguely remember taking a CHL class in Rockwall with you about 10 years ago if not more, lol.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Anyone gonna go full retard and build their own suppressor without doing a form 1? If so, do you think you'll be the husband or wife in your prison cell?
      I am interested to see how that plays out

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post

Comment

i'm probably in the minority here but i'm not a fan of constitutional carry nor open carry. With as little effort as is required to obtain a CHL in texas, i feel like there should be some sort of gate allowing folks to carry. even if it is just an 8 hour course.. why? because society is a fucking mess and people are dumb as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Just renewed mine and apparently DPS is cutting costs...the new ones are black and white
            I hope that the physical driver license and LTC can be soon provided electronically in Texas for the iPhone wallet. Don’t know how that might play out acceptance-wise though if traveling out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              i'm probably in the minority here but i'm not a fan of constitutional carry nor open carry. With as little effort as is required to obtain a CHL in texas, i feel like there should be some sort of gate allowing folks to carry. even if it is just an 8 hour course.. why? because society is a fucking mess and people are dumb as fuck.
              I guess it depends on how you view the subject/government relationship in regard to individual liberty. I see this as it's about freaking time. Argue the second amendment all you want but the constitution and bill of rights were written to protect us from the government.

Your lack of faith in society is understandable but perhaps just maybe we have a few people walking around with big irons on their hip we'll have a little less crime.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                I understand this argument and I agree to an extent but that license isn’t stopping a large percentage of the population committing crimes that carry anyways. I guess this would parallel the legalizing weed debate in a sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  I guess it depends on how you view the subject/government relationship in regard to individual liberty. I see this as it's about freaking time. Argue the second amendment all you want but the constitution and bill of rights were written to protect us from the government.

Your lack of faith in society is understandable but perhaps just maybe we have a few people walking around with big irons on their hip we'll have a little less crime.
                  Understood re individual liberty, and I suppose that's where the rub lies. It's a slippery slope and I'm certainly not advocating more government intervention (although I guess I kind of did), but all the same the quantity of idiots who are now legally able to carry worries me more than the alternative. That said I would hope "an armed society is a polite society" turns out to be more true than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I understand this argument and I agree to an extent but that license isn’t stopping a large percentage of the population committing crimes that carry anyways. I guess this would parallel the legalizing weed debate in a sense.
                    You're right.. but i think removing that prohibition will only embolden the folks who were maybe deterred before, and the amount of untrained, and unknowledgeable people now (potentially) carrying are making the entirety of the situation more dangerous for the rest of us. the amount of folks who will now be carrying without any sort of familiarity of operating their weapon, safety measures, knowledge of simple aspects like "know your backdrop" etc, has expanded dramatically. i can't wait to get muzzle swept by some stay at home mom who hears a box fall in walmart and thinks she's gonna be a hero bc "its muh rights".

Comment

We can all agree it’s a sad state of affairs when a normal citizen needs a gun to protect from another person who also has a gun.

Comment

I will still carry concealed unless I'm at a BBQ with my BBQ gun, at the range or outside at my home.

I want my neighbors to see me as the crazy guy flying his American flag and carrying a pistol at all times...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          I will still carry concealed unless I'm at a BBQ with my BBQ gun, at the range or outside at my home.

I want my neighbors to see me as the crazy guy flying his American flag and carrying a pistol at all times...
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

my opinion, do not start none and there probably will not be none. basically, mind your fucking business.

people are already unstable and wound the fuck up. the same cat who was saying "i wish a motherfucker would" may finally have the heat on person thinking just because he can have it with him or her, he or she can use it. do not want to exclude women. they are crazy too.

the kart narc videos are part of how i came to my opinion. some people are one negatively perceived interaction away from losing their shit.
                            Last edited by jammeejamm; 09-03-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post

the kart narc videos are part of how i came to my opinion. some people are one negatively perceived interaction away from losing their shit.
                              People losing their shit over shipping carts is a pretty good indicator people as a whole are not getting smarter or nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                So what I'm hearing is that if I open carry, people will avoid me? You guys see that as a negative??? I fucking wish gas station bums and random jackasses would just get the fuck out of the way or not approach me at all. Why don't you go fucking look it up? Maybe learn a LiFe LeSsOn.
                                Agree here 100%. There's a time and place for social interaction with people you've never met. Weirdos abound that seem to have no concept of this.

They know when they can get away with it. When I'm with the ol lady, they're far more likely to behave however they want. They'll talk to me and risk coming within arms reach. Ever notice that? A nice gun on the hip might just make them not wanna interact at all. A lowlife deterrent.

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                                What makes you think anyone will actually do it lol. It says "you don't need permit" not "any and all mods now acceptable"
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X