Thermal optics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal optics?

Anybody have them? I'm curious about the cost of a decent thermal monocular.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
      Anybody have them? I'm curious about the cost of a decent thermal monocular.
      Hit up Casey (First Response Firearms). I have a Flir and a Bering Optics Hogster. Both are outstanding. Had a good time this weekend with the Bering killing hogs at night. It's like a video game.

Comment

Ive had 2 trijicon IR hunter MKIII 35mm thermal scopes. They are superb in every way. Cheapest you're going to get one though is $6400 a pop. They have 2 year warranties and I flip them after 1 year and get a fresh one. It cost me about a $200 loss on but it's worth it for a fresh warranty. The trijicon units are no frills all business scopes.

There are some key things to look for spec wise but currently the best units out there right now have 12 micron sensors in 640 resolution with a 60 hz refresh rate.

Whatever you do stay away from ATN.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          Ive had 2 trijicon IR hunter MKIII 35mm thermal scopes. They are superb in every way. Cheapest you're going to get one though is $6400 a pop. They have 2 year warranties and I flip them after 1 year and get a fresh one. It cost me about a $200 loss on but it's worth it for a fresh warranty. The trijicon units are no frills all business scopes.

There are some key things to look for spec wise but currently the best units out there right now have 12 micron sensors in 640 resolution with a 60 hz refresh rate.

Whatever you do stay away from ATN.
          I bought the same one. It never occurred to me to sell it before the warranty ran out; great advice.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            I bought the same one. It never occurred to me to sell it before the warranty ran out; great advice.
            They hold their value well enough that if you take care of it and and got a decent deal to start with its not a big loss to freshen up the warranty. Ive not had to use one but I hear trijicon has excellent customer service. I also hear if you're out of warranty and it craps out it can be a very pricey repair.

Comment

You choo choo money guys stick with the Trijicon. This is the last rig I got from Casey to go with my Flir. This thing works great. Pigs don't stand a chance.

Comment

Somebody talk about binocular ones. I don't wanna blast pigs I wanna eyeball people doing that might be doing shady stuff
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  you choo choo money guys stick with the trijicon. This is the last rig i got from casey to go with my flir. This thing works great. Pigs don't stand a chance.

https://beringoptics.com/catalog/?goods=216
                  $2500-2600?
                  Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Somebody talk about binocular ones. I don't wanna blast pigs I wanna eyeball people doing that might be doing shady stuff
                    You mean see in the dark in color with no lights like this?

65 3 cam.jpg

Small pic taken off 65 inch tv no lights.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
                      You mean see in the dark in color with no lights like this?

[ATTACH]4938[/ATTACH]

Small pic taken off 65 inch tv no lights.
                      Yeah like that
                      WH

Comment

Go to the end...

Comment

At about 21:06

Comment

Where are the shadows coming from if it's pitch black? I know shit about optics
                            WH

Comment

A street light about 100 yards behind cam. They are new Sony Starvis sensors.
                              For a $250 security cam it is a killer.
                              I use 1 in B/W mode to lay in bed and watch stars and stuff on a TV.
                              I can pick out objects down to about 8 to 8.8 magnitude (real dim).

Comment

Working...
                              X