Quick CHL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeitfast55
    A new restaurant opened in Keller not too long ago, Mo Fish. I went there the first week they opened. As I went to enter they have a 51% sign bigger than shit right by the front door. They have a very small bar and food is their majority revenue by looking the place. The bar comprisees maybe 15% of the space in the restaurant.
    My question is how does an establishment receive a 51% authority? It seems to me that the owner has put the sign there because of his/her personal agenda.

Anyone familiar with this certification chime in?

R
    I bet with new places, its a better-safe-than-sorry, or based on the projected number before opening.

The one that has always gotten me is World Of Beer has no signs anywhere, 51%, 30.06, none.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bybotie View Post
      A business must show due cause to post a 30.06
      good to know, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bybotie View Post
        A business must show due cause to post a 30.06
        I don't believe so, as it just enforces the trespassing laws. Fortunately, most businesses that are anti-gun are ignorant of the law.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
          Not true. Some of the building are cc friendly in ft worth
          What are "some of the buildings"?

My post only concerned federal property, in which concealed carry by citizens is illegal in any Federal building (in Fort Worth or elsewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55
            A new restaurant opened in Keller not too long ago, Mo Fish. I went there the first week they opened. As I went to enter they have a 51% sign bigger than shit right by the front door. They have a very small bar and food is their majority revenue by looking the place. The bar comprisees maybe 15% of the space in the restaurant.
            My question is how does an establishment receive a 51% authority? It seems to me that the owner has put the sign there because of his/her personal agenda.

Anyone familiar with this certification chime in?

R
            TABC controls the 51% sign.
            Learn about the different signs that alcohol retailers must legally display on their licensed premises, based on their license or permit status.

Complaint form:
            File a complaint about a TABC-licensed business, agency employee, a seller/server training school or to protest an alcohol license or permit application.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post

My post only concerned federal property, in which concealed carry by citizens is illegal in any Federal building (in Fort Worth or elsewhere).
              I don't know if it was true or not but I think I read an article stating that they were working to make the capital cc legal. Im pretty sure there are some that a texas chl will expedite the search process when entering

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
                I don't know if it was true or not but I think I read an article stating that they were working to make the capital cc legal. Im pretty sure there are some that a texas chl will expedite the search process when entering
                Concealed carry already is legal in the Texas State Capitol Building, but that has nothing to do with federal property.

Comment

I'm thinking of the city buildings. My mistake
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I'm glad to see Fort worth and other State entities allow it.

Comment

Pretty much the only state/city building you can't carry are schools, court houses and jails.

Comment

Federal property = no concealed (or open) carry by citizens.
                        The one that used to get me was hwy 183 south of Lampasas. It had a sign showing you entering the edge of Ft Hood, and therefore Federal property.

Looking now, Ft Hood does not show to go anywhere near 183.

When we were questioning this was way back in 96-98.

Anyone ever had to deal with this?

Sorry for the thread jack.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                          The one that used to get me was hwy 183 south of Lampasas. It had a sign showing you entering the edge of Ft Hood, and therefore Federal property.

Looking now, Ft Hood does not show to go anywhere near 183.

When we were questioning this was way back in 96-98.

Anyone ever had to deal with this?

Sorry for the thread jack.
                          I've never had to deal with this, but it would seem a similar situation would exist in El Paso with respect to Fort Bliss. I would assume (perhaps incorrectly) that public thoroughfares maintained by State or local entities would in and of themselves not be considered federal property.

Comment

Working...
                          X