sleepers 2014 deer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleepers 2014 deer thread.

Its that time of the year again to bore you fellas with trail cam pictures and stories.

they are just starting to grow a little. Ill know what im working with end of july.

Niiiiiiice!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Comment

Here's a couple of mine that have been hitting the feeders lately.

Comment

ive thought about getting a few of those panoramic cams.

Ive got some decent 140-maybe 150 class deer this year. Im looking for that 170 plus this year. Trying to find some new ground that hasnt been hunted by someone like me.

I want the ground where a guy comes once a year and sits in the same stand.

Comment

Looking good
            "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
            East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
            https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Im scouting new places Pewter. Tired of these little deer. I want some 170 plus action.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Im scouting new places Pewter. Tired of these little deer. I want some 170 plus action.
                I'd be more than happy to have deer like the ones you posted where I hunt. I'm lucky if I see a 110" buck. Mainly see small small bucks, like 90" or less. I'm not a rack Hunter, I hunt for the meat, but wouldn't mind shooting a big ole buck to have mounted and hang on my wall.
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I am lucky to live where id say the average mature deer is 140ish. A big deer here is 170 plus. A big deer in alot of places is 120.

I also work very hard for my deer. I hunt 60-70 days a season and that does not include scouting, food plot, and so on.

Just like everything in life the harder you work at it the better the reward.

Comment

My camera hasn't worked in 2 years. Hopefully I can get a new one out before too long. It seems like the heat here is really hard on them.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      I'd kill for deer like that on our place in East Texas.
                      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Where are y'all at? My dad just got a lease in alvorde so I'm hoping to kill some hogs and a deer or two.
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          Where are y'all at? My dad just got a lease in alvorde so I'm hoping to kill some hogs and a deer or two.
                          I hunt in Montague, about 15-20min north of Bowie. Not too far from Alvord
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Clay county here. I'm just north of Henrietta on 287.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Nice!! Need to go check our game cam, last I looked they were starting to grow, not quite like that though.

Comment

Working...
                              X