22lr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22lr?

I just picked up a little savage 64 for dirt cheap. I was wondering what's the best type of 22lr ammo? It's going to be a gun for my son and I would like to find something that doesn't jam very often and cycles fairly easy. I've never messed with 22's and after doing a bit of searching Ive found that certain brands are more prone to jams. Thanks

All of my .22s are picky and have certain ammo they don't like. They all like remington golden bullet, though.

Comment

The best? CCI mini mags.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        All of my .22s are picky and have certain ammo they don't like. They all like remington golden bullet, though.
        This is true with the Ruger 10/22 as the exception. All my 10/22's will eat anything and have only experienced a jam when I haven't cleaned it in a good while. It'll shoot some projectiles straighter than others but that's something you have to find out for each rifle.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          This is true with the Ruger 10/22 as the exception. All my 10/22's will eat anything and have only experienced a jam when I haven't cleaned it in a good while. It'll shoot some projectiles straighter than others but that's something you have to find out for each rifle.
          My 10/22 is the least picky of my .22's, but it doesn't like bulk federal for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            My 10/22 is the least picky of my .22's, but it doesn't like bulk federal for some reason.
            It's funny because that's what I typically run through my 10/22. The red, blue, and even some old white box federal.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              It's funny because that's what I typically run through my 10/22. The red, blue, and even some old white box federal.
              It might just be time to change the innards out. I have no idea how many rounds I've put through it, but I'd guess 8k-10k rounds.

Comment

Mine loves federal as well.

Comment

My Amt Lightning (knock of 10-22) eats pretty well anything. My Ar15-22 runs good on Blazer and hates Remington Golden Bullet. My pistols don't care.

Comment

Only problem I ever had with 22lr was remington golden bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      Only problem I ever had with 22lr was remington golden bullet.
                      Ditto. I've been shooting the Aguila stuff that Academy carries (the red/yellow box) and my Rem 597 loves it. My bolt and lever gun will shoot anything you put in it as long as the primer fires.

Got some subsonic from Academy a while back and it's fun to plink with so the kids don't have to wear muffs.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                      X