Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magpul release 60round drums for the AR and probably AK

magpul release 60round drums for the AR and probably AK

I saw the release on FB. Shorter than a 30rd pmag. Retail listed around $129 if I remember right.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Very nice, I have a couple of the X products 50rnd drums and they run really well. I will pick up a couple of these for sure if the reviews are good.

Oh and in before cj "that looks heavy"

Comment

They never did follow through with the quad-stack:

Here's an item that should interest 3-Gun and Multi-Gun competitors using AR rifles. Magpul Industries has filed for a patent on a new quad-stack magazine that may hold as many as 60 rounds, yet feed through a normal AR15 mag well.

Magpul has just filed a patent application (#20100126053) for a quad stack AR-15 compatible magazine. The design is quite straight forward. A central partition separates two dual staggered round stacks. Two springs are used, a lower stronger spring and a weaker top spring, which are joined by spring slicer. The magazine has a constant curve … Read More …
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I suspect the quad stack had issues with jamming caused by having 2-3 followers and springs. Loading it may also be an issue

Comment

This looks awesome. And you know it will work because Magpul.

Comment

These should be cool once they come down below $10.

The PMAG17 GL9 is a USA made 9mm magazine that is compatible with the Glock 17, 19 and other Glock 9mm pistols. Designed around the same Gen M3 polymer used ...

Comment

Last edited by YALE; 01-16-2015, 02:55 PM.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Looks like they've got a lot of "cool" stuff coming out like their AK furniture whose video I find pretty damn funny. I especially like the picture of Putin riding a bear and the specialized advisers

Also digging the Remington 700 furniture as well as the video. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    I suspect the quad stack had issues with jamming caused by having 2-3 followers and springs. Loading it may also be an issue
                    But Surefire did it!
                    Originally posted by Marisa
                    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                      But Surefire did it!
                      Call me when they sell any.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        Lmfao!!
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                          But Surefire did it!
                          Are those actually quad stacks and made of plastic? I havent had any hands on time on them

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                            Are those actually quad stacks and made of plastic? I havent had any hands on time on them
                            I believe they are quad but metal mags.

Comment

Interesting. Pretty cool. But 60rds? Why 60? Surefire 60rds are cheaper, lighter, and.... better? Either way I'm on board, the price is too much, but fuck it, I'll ruin an upper with them.

I thought the surefires were three stacks, and they are metal like Jose said.

As for the AK furniture.. kind of disappointed. Why couldn't they just make a modern standard fixed stock like they did on the 870 model? I'll never buy that shit, that's for sure. But wood is the reason why I like AK's, remove the wood and they're boring, imho.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X