spare mag carrier. IWB vs OWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spare mag carrier. IWB vs OWB

I'm looking at getting a spare mag carrier for my CCW. I'm tall and skinny so I'm not sure how an OWB carrier would work...and not sure how comfy a IWB would be. curious what others wear? and also what are some good brands that y'all might could recommend. TIA

I don't wear one often, but I have a Raven Concealment IWB mag carrier and it is plenty comfy.
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Center console for me...
      If I can't stop a situation with 6-13 rounds of whatever caliber I'm carrying, an extra magazine is probably not going to make a difference...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Foxx makes some affordable iwb options. I'm trying to decided what to go with as well.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Center console for me...
          If I can't stop a situation with 6-13 rounds of whatever caliber I'm carrying, an extra magazine is probably not going to make a difference...
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I use this:

Not ideal for a quick mag exchange like a OWB carrier, but it's fits comfortably and obviously conceals well. I don't carry anything else in that pocket.

Use the Galco link to find the model # you want, then hit Amazon for sometimes less expensive.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Galco-PMC26-Magazine-Carrier-Ambidextrous/dp/B001F0NQ9Q[/ame]
            [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Galco-PMC24-Magazine-Carrier-Ambidextrous/dp/B001F0IRDG[/ame]

Oh, and I agree with Lantirn. Too many what if's to have just one mag.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Any legal repercussions for exposed mags and carriers?

Comment

You can always use a pocket knife holder.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  Any legal repercussions for exposed mags and carriers?
                  Not sure, but since printing is no longer illegal, plus the fact that a magazine is not a firearm, I would think not. To my knowledge there are no laws in Texas against carrying ammunition or magazines except places where guns are prohibited like a courtroom, school, etc. You can legally walk down the street with a bandolier of ammo over your shoulder as far as I know.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I carry a extra mag in my back pocket. Being a 1911 it is pretty thin and not that noticeable.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      Thank you. That shit drives me crazy. "If 7 rounds of .45 won't kill it, it ain't dying"
                      that's assuming you even hit all 7 rounds

If you are really worried about wearing on your belt, look at the snagmag
                      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Thank you. That shit drives me crazy. "If 7 rounds of .45 won't kill it, it ain't dying"
                        that's assuming you even hit all 7 rounds

If you are really worried about wearing on your belt, look at the snagmag
                        It's more about being real. This is not Hollywood, you are not going to engage in a 30 minute long gun battle with armed assailants that requires multiple reloads.

I stand by my statement, if you have to use your weapon, it will likely be at distances of 5-50 feet. If you can't stop the bad guy with 1 magazine worth of ammo, and he continues the assault, you will not have time to reload before he's on you and it's a physical fight for your life...
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Fuck that. I'm not getting shot for a lack of shooting back.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                            It's more about being real. This is not Hollywood, you are not going to engage in a 30 minute long gun battle with armed assailants that requires multiple reloads.

I stand by my statement, if you have to use your weapon, it will likely be at distances of 5-50 feet. If you can't stop the bad guy with 1 magazine worth of ammo, and he continues the assault, you will not have time to reload before he's on you and it's a physical fight for your life...

Yeah, more than likely you are right. Then Murphy shows up and you're wishing you had that extra mag.

Comment

What if your mag is partially released, you draw your weapon, and your mag falls out into the mud? A storm drain? Etc.

Crazier shit has happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X