Ammo prices are absolutely insane right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Damn makes me start thinking about unloading some of the .38 and .38+p that I bought from Wally World when they started giving it away...I picked up as much as I could store in my safe but I generally only keep .357 Magnum in the revolver.
    I'll be a buyer!

I only have two snubbies right now, a Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum and a Taurus that is .38 Special only. Range days I mostly only shoot .38 although occasionally I'll do a cylinder of .357 Magnum through the LCR. Maybe... Looking to buy a 3" SP101 but they are hard to come by and command a higher price than their snubby brethren.

Comment

• I don’t even think a group buy would yield much of at discount at this point if we could even get a bulk order
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I saw Winchester is increasing the price on all ammo orders, including backorders.

March 22, 2021

To All Winchester Ammunition Customers:

Thank you for your commitment to Winchester and Browning Ammunition in support of our legendary products.

Due to the increased cost inputs for manufacturing ammunition, it is necessary to increase ammunition prices for all shipments, including backorders, beginning May 1, 2021.

Ammunition will be subject to the following price increases.

Shotshells + 5%-12%
        22 Magnum Rimfire ammunition + 5%-15%
        Hunting Rifle ammunition + 5%-15%
        All Centerfire Pistol ammunition +8%
        Components +10%
        Primers +25% (Due to our current backorder situation, until further notice, Winchester is not accepting new orders on primers)

These May 1, 2021 increases will affect all pack sizes, sub-brands, and special make-ups.

All existing orders and future orders shipped on or after May 1, 2021, will be shipped at the new prices unless you notify us requesting cancellation. Procedures for repricing back and future orders will be issued with new pricelists and programs in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Matt Campbell

Vice President, Sales & Marketing

Comment

• I stopped on the way through Canada and picked up 18k various primers for a friend who reloads. All his normal channels are saying no primers for probably 2 years at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            I saw Winchester is increasing the price on all ammo orders, including backorders.

March 22, 2021

To All Winchester Ammunition Customers:

Thank you for your commitment to Winchester and Browning Ammunition in support of our legendary products.

Due to the increased cost inputs for manufacturing ammunition, it is necessary to increase ammunition prices for all shipments, including backorders, beginning May 1, 2021.

Ammunition will be subject to the following price increases.

Shotshells + 5%-12%
            22 Magnum Rimfire ammunition + 5%-15%
            Hunting Rifle ammunition + 5%-15%
            All Centerfire Pistol ammunition +8%
            Components +10%
            Primers +25% (Due to our current backorder situation, until further notice, Winchester is not accepting new orders on primers)

These May 1, 2021 increases will affect all pack sizes, sub-brands, and special make-ups.

All existing orders and future orders shipped on or after May 1, 2021, will be shipped at the new prices unless you notify us requesting cancellation. Procedures for repricing back and future orders will be issued with new pricelists and programs in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Matt Campbell

Vice President, Sales & Marketing
            Just curious but did you ever get any of your back orders completed?

Comment

• Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
              I stopped on the way through Canada and picked up 18k various primers for a friend who reloads. All his normal channels are saying no primers for probably 2 years at least.
              I heard on one of the podcast I listen to that there are rumors (might be confirmed by now but I haven't checked as I'm behind on my listening) that there are possibly 3 new primer plans in the works to get built. Still a long ways off but it's a start. My understanding is that the majority of primers are made overseas? Is that correct?

Edit. Quick Google search answered this.

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...nt%20companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Just curious but did you ever get any of your back orders completed?
                None so far, and i actually just had to go HAM on SportsmansGuide for cancelling one backorder without my knowledge. I had an order for 1000 rounds of polycoat wolf 223 from July for $236 shipped and they cancelled it after sending a notice in january where you had to click "continue backorder" or it would be cancelled. I obviously clicked "continue backorder" and when it got close to the ship by date of april i checked on it again to see it was cancelled.

Pitched a fit to customer service, and they just gave me a new order of brass 223 for the same $236 price, but a new ship by date of july 6th.

I have enough ammo right now to shoot a little bit, but ill be needing those backorders to cash in eventually.

Slowly starting to get some reloading equipment but component costs are outrageous.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  none so far, and i actually just had to go ham on sportsmansguide for cancelling one backorder without my knowledge. I had an order for 1000 rounds of polycoat wolf 223 from july for $236 shipped and they cancelled it after sending a notice in january where you had to click "continue backorder" or it would be cancelled. I obviously clicked "continue backorder" and when it got close to the ship by date of april i checked on it again to see it was cancelled.

Pitched a fit to customer service, and they just gave me a new order of brass 223 for the same $236 price, but a new ship by date of july 6th.

I have enough ammo right now to shoot a little bit, but ill be needing those backorders to cash in eventually.

Slowly starting to get some reloading equipment but component costs are outrageous.
                  ham?

Comment

• High And Mighty, maybe...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• To go ham is to put in an extraordinary, even aggressive, amount of effort. If you went crazy eating ham, you'd be going ham on some ham. In this sense, ham may stand for hard as a motherfucker. ~ google, ca. 2021

Comment

• I always associated "Going Ham" with "Going Postal" or "Committing Harry Caray"

Comment

• Can I just get some god damn .30-06 to kill some pigs? Is that too much to ask?

Anyone have some laying around?

The only stuff I can find in Houston is 125 gr "light recoil" rounds. Fuck that, I want these pigs to feel the full force.
                          Last edited by Strychnine; 04-01-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• I went to Bass Pro Garland this week and they took down their two ammo rows.. Have other things there now..

They were down to about 50 boxes of Shotgun shells and 7 boxes total of 6.8/7mm..
                            WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Can I just get some god damn .30-06 to kill some pigs? Is that too much to ask?

The only stuff I can find in Houston is 125 gr "light recoil" rounds. Fuck that, I want these pigs to feel the full force.
                              Be a real man! Use a pair of dogs and a survival knife!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Can I just get some god damn .30-06 to kill some pigs? Is that too much to ask?

SGA has some 50's Era Tracer rounds.. Make them piggies feel the burn!!
                                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                                X