Gunbroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunbroker

Has anyone tried to buy a gun off Gunbroker and have it sent of course to an FFL to complete the transaction? How was it? The rifle I want you cannot find anywhere, there’s 5 on GB. I contacted the mfg. and they are of course behind on production and won’t even be making them for another 5 or so months.

I haven't myself but I know a few people who have bought off of there. They didn't have any issues.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

I have done it many times with no issues, just figure out which FFL will do the transfer for you. I used to use Plano Pawn and you could set it up on their website without even talking to them but they are gone now.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Good to hear guys. Thanks!

Comment

I have done it many times myself, never had any issues. Helps to know the FFL but never had an issue with the new ones I've used.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            I have done it many times myself, never had any issues. Helps to know the FFL but never had an issue with the new ones I've used.
            I've only lived here 9 months, so I don't know any yet. There are some good rated shops though around that look pretty trustworthy. The only thing that makes me nervous is the shipping of a firearm. I hear these horror stories of guns/ammo missing in transit.

Comment

Many times, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                Has anyone tried to buy a gun off Gunbroker and have it sent of course to an FFL to complete the transaction? How was it? The rifle I want you cannot find anywhere, there’s 5 on GB. I contacted the mfg. and they are of course behind on production and won’t even be making them for another 5 or so months.
                I bought a fairly expensive sako from an individual out of Washington state on there a few years back and had it sent to local FFL with no issues. Also sold a ton of pmags on there when they sky rocketed under obama.

Comment

I wanted to come back and state I've only purchased things through gunbroker from FFL's / dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I've only lived here 9 months, so I don't know any yet. There are some good rated shops though around that look pretty trustworthy. The only thing that makes me nervous is the shipping of a firearm. I hear these horror stories of guns/ammo missing in transit.
                    I've been buying ammo (mostly) in bulk for the past few years and have not had any issues with theft (knock on wood, I probably just jinxed myself). SGAmmo, Fenix, and LAX are just a few I've bought from online and mailed directly to me. I've also bought some ammo from individuals and on Gun Broker and had them mailed to me. The best thing on this is to make sure the box is not marked that it's coming from an ammo distributer. I'll have to look at some of my recent purchases.

As far as firearms. I've had some mailed directly to my house when it's been a firearm I've sent out for work. I've also purchased firearms and had shipped to an FFL. No problems whatsoever.

But I have heard the stories and know people that it's occurred to.

Comment

Easy peasy. I would find an FFL you like before jumping in. There's no rules on what they can charge for transfers. When I lived up in Dallas, I used a pawn shop that had $10 tuesdays for transfers. Ive heard of people charging $45 and up.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        I have done it many times with no issues, just figure out which FFL will do the transfer for you. I used to use Plano Pawn and you could set it up on their website without even talking to them but they are gone now.
                        Al, if you ever need someone - Tom Hart out of Plano does it out of his house, and I've used him 5 or 6 times, as has Marty and Adam.

Comment

We had a guy pick his up from the post office before the FFL guy got there. He was not entertained.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            We had a guy pick his up from the post office before the FFL guy got there. He was not entertained.
                            How is that even possible? I thought it had to ship direct to the FFL?

Comment

I've purchase from GB and had sbipped to my local range for the transfer. No issues at all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X