AR magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR magazines

What are you using to identify the different calibers in AR mags?

My eyeballs? I only run .223/5.56 and 300 BLK so it's pretty simple for me.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Thats what i have as well. Just want to mark them so someone doesn't try and load a 300 blkout in the 5.56 rifle. Thinking about painting ranger plates for the 300and leaving the 5.56 alone. Ive also seen colored rubber bands that mark the caliber.

Comment

Most of mine are separated from each other. I do have some of the silicone bands on my 450 bushmaster mags.

Comment

I painted my 300blk mags FDE to match the gun.

Comment

Mine are all black so painting wouldn't make a difference, but seriously, if your eyeballs can't tell the difference before you try to chamber the round and you don't know what gun you're holding (in case you try to put 5.56 in a 300), you shouldn't be using the gun anyway.

Stevo

Comment

Glad my 5.56 and my .458 SOCOM take the same magazines lol

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
                Glad my 5.56 and my .458 SOCOM take the same magazines lol
                When I first saw this post a few days ago I almost replied "my eyes"...but thought I would get a lot of flack....but seriously if you don't know what gun you're handling and what ammo it feeds....go to bed and start over sober and stop playing with firearms. That's how bad things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  When I first saw this post a few days ago I almost replied "my eyes"...but thought I would get a lot of flack....but seriously if you don't know what gun you're handling and what ammo it feeds....go to bed and start over sober and stop playing with firearms. That's how bad things happen.

If you can’t tell the difference in the weight of the 2 of my AR’s as soon as you pick one up, just put them down and walk away. I did end up using most of my PMAGs for the 5.56, the SOCOM just doesn’t reliably feed from them, but it feeds fine from the metal factory mags or the metal aftermarket replacements.

Comment

I wrap the ones with blanks with blue tape and live rounds red tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      I wrap the ones with blanks with blue tape and live rounds red tape.
                      "I had him in my sights!!!"

LOL, my man!

And yeah, my 300blk is short with a suppressor on it, none of my 5.56 guns are that short suppressed or not. Easy enough to tell the difference.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        "I had him in my sights!!!"

LOL, my man!

And yeah, my 300blk is short with a suppressor on it, none of my 5.56 guns are that short suppressed or not. Easy enough to tell the difference.
                        I knew someone on here would catch my reference lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          I knew someone on here would catch my reference lol.
                          That was funny. To the OP, I bought a different color PMAG for my 300's. I run black for 5.56. I always double check with my eyes too, but the color makes it easy to identify.

Comment

As Sean said, my 300 blk is FDE, so my 300 blk will only have FDE magazines put in it. Thats the easiest identifier that i have 300 blk loaded in the magazine that takes zero brain power to do and thats exactly what you need to avoid costly mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                            X