DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 05-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
AnthonyS
Lifer

Default No National Anthem at NFL games

Solution to stupid problem. They can hire a rapper to write a fuck America song and burn flags pre game instead. No one is forcing those fuckwads to disrespect my country or those that died to preserve it.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
threefortytwo
Dyslexics are teople poo

Is this new thread out of left field, or is there a factual story I missed regarding a new national anthem decision? It's utterly depressing that it's still a debate.
threefortytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
red89notch
Lifer

Um, I thought they already solved this with the owners voting last week. If someone doesn't stand the team is fined by the NFL and the team has the ability if it closes to fine the individual.

truth.
red89notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody

I said this in the other thread discussing this topic (not sure why we needed a new one?), but the players will find a new way to protest. Hand in the air, back to the flag, etc., they'll figure out a way to dance around the rule.

Could this be the end of the NFL as we know it?
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
one slow 5.0
Time Served
VIP Member

One can only hope.
one slow 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
threefortytwo
Dyslexics are teople poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
I said this in the other thread discussing this topic (not sure why we needed a new one?), but the players will find a new way to protest. Hand in the air, back to the flag, etc., they'll figure out a way to dance around the rule.

Could this be the end of the NFL as we know it?
Speaking of sports ending... Cricket "fields" are popping up all over in my neck of the woods, which is PG county Maryland. There's an elementary school 1/4 mile from my house that has a wonderful soccer field... which has recently removed the rotting soccer goals and stuck an artificial turf cricket mat right in the middle. No more goal posts, and the remaining baseball diamond back stop is rotting away. I'm not a soccer fan, but I would absolutely prefer my kids running around getting sweaty kicking a ball 3 days a week than standing around with a cricket bat in their hands, waiting their turn to either pitch or hit. Perhaps I'm just closed-minded...

Anyway, this is a tangent on a thread that shouldn't exist.
threefortytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #7
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
One can only hope.
I saw a quote from a Democratic politician saying he was boycotting the NFL over this new rule.

Gotta love when the right boycotts over the protest and the left boycotts over the inability to protest. Just imaging what those poor, pitiful owners are thinking as ticket sales plummet...
Old 05-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by threefortytwo View Post
Speaking of sports ending... Cricket "fields" are popping up all over in my neck of the woods, which is PG county Maryland. There's an elementary school 1/4 mile from my house that has a wonderful soccer field... which has recently removed the rotting soccer goals and stuck an artificial turf cricket mat right in the middle. No more goal posts, and the remaining baseball diamond back stop is rotting away. I'm not a soccer fan, but I would absolutely prefer my kids running around getting sweaty kicking a ball 3 days a week than standing around with a cricket bat in their hands, waiting their turn to either pitch or hit. Perhaps I'm just closed-minded...

Anyway, this is a tangent on a thread that shouldn't exist.
Just tell them to keep the rest of the European way of life in Europe... no 1984 here, please!
Old 05-29-2018, 09:46 AM   #9
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by red89notch View Post
Um, I thought they already solved this with the owners voting last week. If someone doesn't stand the team is fined by the NFL and the team has the ability if it closes to fine the individual.
That's good by me, the NFL can augment it's income by fining it's own bread and butter, LOL.

I would only add one suggestion, consider fining teams as well for NFL refs who commit egregious blunders in their games that by rule cannot be challenged/overturned.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #10
bubbaearl
Lifer

very satisfying for someone who has 0 use for the nfl in the first place.
bubbaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #11
orphan Shelby
Lifer

Just feel bad for the people that make NFL even possible for these knuckleheads
orphan Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #12
4bangen
©4bangen©

I've never really given a crap about pro football. this mess makes me feel like I made the right choice.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #13
AnthonyS
Lifer

It’s just an idea.

I think I’m going to make sunday my go fly rc things day instead. It’ll be more fun and rc hasn’t been politicized..... thank goodness.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #14
blownragtop
s/n #02753

Build a Fw 190 or a Me 109 with some sweet swastikas and it'll become political. Somebody WILL be offended. Especially if you dress up like Hitler and yell "Sieg Heil!!!" at the top of your lungs.
blownragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #15
AnthonyS
Lifer

I have both a 109 and 190. Amazingly enough in our erase history society the 109 is missing the swastikas. It’ll be historically accurate when refinished and fuck the PC idiots that whine about it. I may damn well build a Ta152 someday as well. And JG53 actually painted over their swastikas during the Battle of Britain because they were pissed at Goring and Der Fuhrer.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:45 PM   #16
4bangen
©4bangen©

we need to have a sunday DFWmustangs rc meet up.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #17
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
One can only hope.
I'd love to see pro sports die. All of 'em. Got nothing against smaller teams who just love to play the games. People could go see them instead.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:37 AM   #18
BP
infidel

The owners should pay Kaepernick to play for the Browns and in return they stop ruining careers of their first round draft picks.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #19
AnthonyS
Lifer

Spent this Sunday out flying RC airplanes. Watched zero sporting events this week. Sports and politics do not mix. You want to say fuck you to veterans and then tell us to like it and that it’s okay. No assclowns, fuck you instead. I’m done supporting your antics.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:38 AM   #20
The King
Lifer

I did watch most of the Astros @ Rangers game on TV Saturday...a relative rarity for me given that MLB seems fairly boring unless you're actually at the game.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthony actually retarded, anthonys buy anthem, anthonys buy nfl w/401k, its not football season