Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions

Please discuss this. I'm about to be in a knockdown battle with someone who I consider to be the enemy.

Wanna see my care face???

America the beautiful was written in English and should be sang as such. Learn the language or get the fuck out
    Originally posted by soap
    i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Eh, Im 50/50 on this one.

Comment

I think it's pretty hardcore.

Comment

I think the idea behind it was to show the diversity in this country. The whole "melting pot" thing. I didn't hate it but knew that some people would.

Comment

Funny, because the only Coke I drink is the Mexico version with real sugar. I like Dr. Pepper anyways.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with anyone professing love for this country, even as I find myself separating myself further and further from it.

Comment

I think the same people that are getting upset about this probably cried during he Chrysler commercial lol...

There is no "official" language of the US, and this country was founded as a melting pot of immigrants. How many of our soldiers have died protecting people that could not speak a word of english?

Comment

I had mixed feelings and felt it was insulting to our country. I understand what they were trying to say, but we are part America and the language we speak is English. Why pervert one of our great songs. We are a melting pot, but if you are going to truly become American, then you should at least sing its songs in the native language, English.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                    I think the same people that are getting upset about this probably cried during he Chrysler commercial lol...

There is no "official" language of the US, and this country was founded as a melting pot of immigrants. How many of our soldiers have died protecting people that could not speak a word of english?

Not to mention they used to grab immigrants off the ships and pressure them into service to show their loyalty to their new country during the Civil War. I'm sure all of them spoke flawless English though.

Comment

I didn't really care for the commercial, but I don't drink coke anyways. Now if Dr. Pepper did it we might have a problem.

Comment

This shit had my irate! I'm actually still really upset about it. Before long we'll be pushing 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, and 3 for Arabic etc etc. I'm very proud of my country and a pry'em from my dead fingers patriot! To me this is a direct insult and seems to be on the agenda for the so called leader of ours.
                        Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                          This shit had my irate! I'm actually still really upset about it. Before long we'll be pushing 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, and 3 for Arabic etc etc. I'm very proud of my country and a pry'em from my dead fingers patriot! To me this is a direct insult and seems to be on the agenda for the so called leader of ours.

If you're so proud of it, the next logical step would be to learn something about its history so that you don't go throwing a hissy fit over something completely arbitrary.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                            Pry what? Your keyboard? I'd be curious to see how you'd react to a full scale home raid by the feds. Throwing QWERTY at them sure won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              Pry what? Your keyboard? I'd be curious to see how you'd react to a full scale home raid by the feds. Throwing QWERTY at them sure won't help.
                              Unless you have a really heavy keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X