No announcement yet.

RCJ Machado Jiu Jitsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my buddies owns one of his affiliate schools in New Mexico, http://www.lasurogersjiujitsu.com/

And have another buddy that trains and instructs at Marcelo Garcia Dallas.

Me? I have no fucking clue on any of it....

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      90% of the class is rolling so probably not a good idea, but you can tap as quick as you want, and for the most part you can choose who you roll with
      Gotcha, thanks.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
        i train under roman kilgore.
        You train with Roman, Brad?

Small world, my son trained under him for about 16 months, than I moved him to Saekson Janjira's Muay Thai school. Roman is a true bad ass, iirc he is a 2nd degree CMBJJ BB. I live about 3 minutes from his school. Though over the holidays we noticed that he opened his own USA franchise here in Allen, I'm assuming he took the franchise with him and his business partner stayed in the same spot but oprerating under just a Martial Arts school.

If you want to learn self defense, than CMBJJ, if you want to lose weight and learn self defense on a strike first ask questions later than Saekson's school is where its at.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          You train with Roman, Brad?

Small world, my son trained under him for about 16 months, than I moved him to Saekson Janjira's Muay Thai school. Roman is a true bad ass, iirc he is a 2nd degree CMBJJ BB. I live about 3 minutes from his school. Though over the holidays we noticed that he opened his own USA franchise here in Allen, I'm assuming he took the franchise with him and his business partner stayed in the same spot but oprerating under just a Martial Arts school.

If you want to learn self defense, than CMBJJ, if you want to lose weight and learn self defense on a strike first ask questions later than Saekson's school is where its at.
          yes sir...i've been going to his school for about two years. he had a partner that used the usa martial arts name, but they split off and his partner is operating a karate type or maybe mixed type martial arts for kids, under another name. texas martial arts or something like that... roman is a 3rd degree black, if i remember correctly, but i'm not 100% certain. he is a super nice guy and excellent at both practicing and teaching bjj. i really enjoy the game of bjj...i really didn't even get into it for self defense as much as the fact that i just wanted to learn it. it really is like a chess game...if you're on a similar skill level with your opponent, it can be a lot of fun.

Comment

You want Steve's personal opinion then contact him. Pretty sure the last thing he wants to do is suggest his own opinion and then be slammed and accused of being "Holier Than Thou.." lmao

Comment

Carlos Machado is the god father of Bjj in dfw. 95% of black belts in dfw have trained under him or under one of his blackbelts.

Bjj helped me lose some weight. I was in the 245-250 lb range when I started and am now walking at 200 lbs. There are usually politics at every gym no matter where you go if you stay long enough. If you show up, work hard and don't spaz out you will make some good friends, learn a few things, and more than likely get in a bit better shape.

If you want to come to a free trial class to see if it's for you feel free to pm me and come out Saturday to where I train. I know its Arlington and you won't sign up long term but I don't mind helping someone out for a first class if they want to give it a shot.

Before you do try out, go to a couple of schools in your area to see what vibe fits you best. There are multiple schools in your area. But I will say Carlos is an encyclopedia of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                Carlos Machado is the god father of Bjj in dfw. 95% of black belts in dfw have trained under him or under one of his blackbelts.

Bjj helped me lose some weight. I was in the 245-250 lb range when I started and am now walking at 200 lbs. There are usually politics at every gym no matter where you go if you stay long enough. If you show up, work hard and don't spaz out you will make some good friends, learn a few things, and more than likely get in a bit better shape.

If you want to come to a free trial class to see if it's for you feel free to pm me and come out Saturday to where I train. I know its Arlington and you won't sign up long term but I don't mind helping someone out for a first class if they want to give it a shot.

Before you do try out, go to a couple of schools in your area to see what vibe fits you best. There are multiple schools in your area. But I will say Carlos is an encyclopedia of knowledge.
                PM me what school if you don't want to put it out there, the other girl that was with us lives in Arlington and was interested in finding something close to her.

Comment

Alvarez Bjj. There are a couple of schools around here. I always recommend people try classes at multiple places to see what fits them best.

We do have 4-5 girls training on a given night and about 9 total at the school. Usually hard to find training partners for girls but we have a decent group.

Comment

Working...
                  X