RCJ Machado Jiu Jitsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roliath View Post
    when you were there, how do you think the class would take to a girl? I saw one or two I think one while I was there briefly. I ask for the co-worker I went with.

EDIT: X-Factor? I think another co-worker Elijah F. went there/trained there or something to that matter. I'll have to ask him when he gets back from Amsterdam.
    I haven't trained under Machado, but a lot of the guys I know have. I'm sure girls are welcome there just like any other school.

Comment

Pete, thanks for the information.

Comment

Machado runs a great school. I use to train at Mohler's Jiu-Jitsu (which was a great school) and Carlos Machado trained Allen Mohler. Machado has been around for a long time. I don't think you can go wrong. Jiu-Jitsu is great for cardio. I thought I was in great shape until I started grappling. It works every muscle you got. You can't get that kind of cardio by jogging.imo

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          He didn't get run off in a thread that I know of. He is just busy.
          All of a sudden he was busy the last month and a half?? Yeah right. He did get run off. Being busy has never stopped him from posting before.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            Shannon Mathers at X-Factor in wylie is a great coach and a very nice guy....
            Scott Phillips is as well.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

i train under roman kilgore (a machado black belt)...carlos machado is definitely incredible at bjj. he's been studying it since he was probably 5 years old! he's also a cousin to the gracies, which is a big deal when it comes to who your belt is under. i personally don't really care about any of that stuff...i just enjoy it. anyway, from what i understand, i don't think carlos teaches much anymore...he may, from time to time, but i'm sure that the majority of teaching is done by others.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                I haven't trained under Machado, but a lot of the guys I know have. I'm sure girls are welcome there just like any other school.
                i'm pretty certain that mathers is a machado black belt. i don't know about scott.

Comment

So I have had two shoulder surgeries and in no way want to get my arm barred or anything else that will result in my Frankenstein shoulder becoming any more damaged. Would signing up be worth it or is it all about sparring?
                  An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                    pretty much garland
                    near renner and gb.

And let me say i'm not "actively" looking for a Jiu Jitsu school, its just something that I went to and it turned out that it kept my interest. It seemed like a more interesting workout than the gym, and if I can learn to whoop some ass than that's just a plus.
                    As has been said, BJJ is no replacement for regular weight training and cardio, in terms of physical conditioning. Get into it of you enjoy it, just don't expect similar results from a physical conditioning standpoint. If anything, you would want supplement weights and cardio to help condition you for better over-all performance/stamina, which will help you on the mat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                      All of a sudden he was busy the last month and a half?? Yeah right. He did get run off. Being busy has never stopped him from posting before.
                      I second that. Something went down.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                        LOL ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          As has been said, BJJ is no replacement for regular weight training and cardio, in terms of physical conditioning. Get into it of you enjoy it, just don't expect similar results from a physical conditioning standpoint. If anything, you would want supplement weights and cardio to help condition you for better over-all performance/stamina, which will help you on the mat.
                          Thanks, Again I won't sign anything until January. But i'll definitely look into the other schools listed.
                          Thanks guys.

Comment

I train at RCJ in the Colony, which is fairly new, and the prices are a little lower than what you listed.

I enjoy it, think its a great group to work with, and its definitely a hell of a work out. I can ride a recumbent bike or eliptical on level 20 at a good pace for an hour no problem, but an hour roll still kicks my butt.

Comment

lulz.... this HAS to be eating steve alive to not post.

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                                So I have had two shoulder surgeries and in no way want to get my arm barred or anything else that will result in my Frankenstein shoulder becoming any more damaged. Would signing up be worth it or is it all about sparring?
                                90% of the class is rolling so probably not a good idea, but you can tap as quick as you want, and for the most part you can choose who you roll with

Comment

Working...
                                X