Best steak in the Dallas area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best steak in the Dallas area?

Everyone has their favorites... Be it Bob's, III Forks, Del Frisco's, Sullivan's, Pappas, or even Saltgrass or TL&C for your scurve plebians....

I have a date night coming up soon and need to take el sposa to a nice steak. Her personal fav back in Seattle was Ruth's Chris, but I figure I need a change of pace since those are everywhere.

Please provide your feedback. I've been to both the Bob's in Grapevine and the one on Lemmon Ave - night and day difference. This is a celebratory dinner and needs to be done right.

Hook it up. If you have connections, so much the better.

We recently went to Reata in Ft. Worth, and really enjoyed it. Texanna to the max. Not as expensive (or hoity-toity) as III Forks, and damn good meat.

Comment

I like III Forks. Went to Del Friscos last year and wasn't really impressed. Pappas is pretty badass, too.

Comment

Nick and Sams is my #1 choice.

Comment

I used to be a big fan of Bob's. Then I tried III Forks. Best damn steak ever!

Comment

Ate at III forks last weekend, wasn't impressed. Service was great but I just expected more. I will say, I hate cream corn but their's was phenomenal.

Comment

I've talked to a few friends and have gotten mixed reviews on III Forks... Never been there.... except that one time I walked in and walked right back out because it was too freakin' busy for no reservations.

Never heard of Nick & Sam's. Reviews on Yelp look good, that may be a winner...

Comment

Twenty minutes and no post from Brent? I thought he had an alert set on his phone to let him know if anyone mentions Bobs on here.

Comment

Del Frisco' downtown fort worth. In the 30+ times I have been there I have NEVER had a bad steak.
                  2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                  Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                  Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                  Speedlogix Catch Can
                  Resonator Delete

Comment

Lawry's The Prime Rib when money is no object.

Texas Roadhouse on the cheap.

Comment

Bob's Grapevine, ask for Jeremy. Tell him i sent you.

Nick and Sams is good. Pappas is meh. Del Frisco's is too uppity for me. Bobs is real laid back.

Do NOT go to Bobs Plano, or Ft Worth. I only vouch for Grapevine.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        I've talked to a few friends and have gotten mixed reviews on III Forks... Never been there.... except that one time I walked in and walked right back out because it was too freakin' busy for no reservations.

Never heard of Nick & Sam's. Reviews on Yelp look good, that may be a winner...
                        Nick and Sam's is pretty damn good. I like the sea bass there, but their milksteak might be the best in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
                          Nick and Sams is my #1 choice.
                          I had a bone-in ribeye there once that was the size of my head. It was amazing.

Comment

Chamberlains is probably the best I ever had, someone on here actually told me about the place.
                            Wanna see my care face???

Comment

I think the filet at Ruth's Chris is top notch. I don't care much for the atmosphere, but the steak is the shiznit. I've eaten at them all over the country, and they are amazingly consistent, which is important for a restaurant IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X