No announcement yet.

Texas ISD’s Owe Staggering $111.5 Billion in Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan, it's unreal what ONE good teacher in a child's life can do...

if they were all good, this country would be WAY different
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      The focus of this thread should be the waste in the system which is spent on administrators, fancy stadiums (and other worthless sports shit) and catering to the least common denominator of our society.
      Plus millions in each ISD on wasteful spending that you are not evening thinking of - and neither am I.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        Alan, it's unreal what ONE good teacher in a child's life can do...

if they were all good, this country would be WAY different
        You don't have to tell me, I know that first hand.

One of the best teachers I ever knew was killed by a hit and run driver in East Ft. Worth. We all know what kind of student that person behind the wheel was too.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Funny how all the public schools are being flooded with dumb ass hood rats, and all the kids who want to be there are moving to charter and private schools.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

We had a higher literacy rate in this country before public schools came into being. It has been a down hill race to the bottom since public schools came around.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              We had a higher literacy rate in this country before public schools came into being. It has been a down hill race to the bottom since public schools came around.
              Here you go talking about shit you don't know a fucking thing about again. Shut the fuck up, you mouth breathing dipshit.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Here you go talking about shit you don't know a fucking thing about again. Shut the fuck up, you mouth breathing dipshit.
                I am going from the DOEs web site. The older stats may not count the black kids like they do today and I can see how that will effect the outcome.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                  I am going from the DOEs web site. The older stats may not count the black kids like they do today and I can see how that will effect the outcome.
                  https://nces.ed.gov/naal/lit_history.asp Public schools have been around since not too long after the American Revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    https://nces.ed.gov/naal/lit_history.asp Public schools have been around since not too long after the American Revolution.
                    Very true but mandatory universal public schools have only been around half as long.

We will also have to agree to a definition of what literacy is before we can argue about this.

Comment

I'd like to see the whole damn system scrapped. My town has decided for some reason, they need another 200 million dollars for the school system. At least that's what all the "vote no" signs say.

Completely kick the gub'mint out of schooling, and phase out all ISD's over 5 years. Let private business run all of it, and let all teachers and principals answer to a business man. That's how you solve all this shit.
                      WH

Comment

I was academically educated entirely by a public school system and look how extremely intelligent I turned out!

Comment

I still remember the blunders they made, when i was nothing but a kid in the school
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            I'd like to see the whole damn system scrapped. My town has decided for some reason, they need another 200 million dollars for the school system. At least that's what all the "vote no" signs say.

Completely kick the gub'mint out of schooling, and phase out all ISD's over 5 years. Let private business run all of it, and let all teachers and principals answer to a business man. That's how you solve all this shit.
                            Right, and my kid will be taught by a prof phoning in the course from India....

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              You don't think that might drive a few more people to the polls?
                              Unfortunately, no. I think the masses don't think their vote matters on any issue/candidate. I would love it though as I'd be there for every vote and make sure all my friends/neighbors that thought like me were there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                I think the thread kind of got off on a tangent. While I think teachers are paid a reasonable wage I'll be the first to say that their salary is probably the best place to spend any additional money put into the system. I think in very few cases would someone argue that new capital spending would be a better place to spend money than simply paying more to the people actually teaching.

The focus of this thread should be the waste in the system which is spent on administrators, fancy stadiums (and other worthless sports shit) and catering to the least common denominator of our society.
                                There is definitely a need to trim the fat. It's unbelievable how money just gets wasted. Also, paying more to the people actually teaching should come with a caveat. If you want better teachers, pay them on a merit/reward scale based on performance. There are a number of measures to gauge performance. A teacher that works extra hours, cares for the students, and helps them reach their maximum potential (whether it's SVO genius level or simply learning to write their name) should be paid way more than the one who just shows up to babysit. Incentive pay would really improve education in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X